The Many Lives of a Bad Romance

So I feel I owe you all an appoligy, I just kind of ditched out on this story for a along time and I just wanted to say sorry. I promise to finish it this time and hopefully you like it and are still my fans. 

Grey didn’t know at which point he fell asleep. However here he was, back aching from his position hunched over Sky’s bed with his head on her stomach. He lifted it up, his hair probably looking like he had creatures living in it.

He ran his hand down his face. God he didn’t even know where to begin on the confusion in his life. He had grown a definite beard mustache ensemble that suited him about as much as skinny jeans on Roseanne Parr. That’s it, he was becoming a hobbit. He sighed, and as he did it, he got a large gulp of the air, his nose filling with a musky scent. When was the last time he had taken a shower? He leaned down, kissing his sister on the forehead and walking quietly to the door. He didn’t know when she was going to wake up, but he prayed that it would be soon.

Grey opened the door quietly and closed it so that it shut faintly behind him. Moving down the hallway he realized that it had never been this quiet in here. Somebody always popped out and surprised him, even though he was a werewolf now, it didn’t seem to make him less of a chicken shit. He sighed for what seemed like the fourth time in ten minutes, walking the now familiar path to Jasper’s room. The Sun was breaking from the clouds and the birds sounded like they were on crack the way they were having a sing-off on the window ledge of the side of the house.

Grey made a left down the hallway and stopped for a second to look at the familiar picture of Jasper’s family that he had pondered over so long before he knew his secret .He shook his head and opened the grand double doors to enter what Jasper had dubbed “their room”.  What awaited him made his heart take a break in his chest.

There Jasper stood, shirtless with only a pair of black dress pants hugging his hips. He seemed to be staring out of the window, lost in thought. The light of the new sun shining on his chiseled body made Grey’s mouth water. Yes Jasper had been gorgeous before, an enigma wrapped in a riddle. Now that Grey was a part of his world, one of his kind, it didn’t feel like that anymore. Yes, Jasper was still a mysterious case, but now Grey felt like he understood why.

 Jasper caught Grey staring at him, and studied his face like a painter studies a work of art. Jasper reached his hands out to beckon him, but Grey couldn't find the will to make himself go to him. Part of his mind was still turning over all the stuff Christophe had said. About how Jasper had been with other people and had …done things with them. Grey felt like he had been betrayed. However he couldn’t really contemplate why. Grey wasn’t exactly a prude or anything, but he wasn’t a whore either. If he had knew about Jasper he would have spent every waking moment looking for him, and protecting him. He wouldn’t be getting his balls knocked off with everyone; that was probably how Cain got into the picture anyway. Then he realized he wasn't being very fair. Jasper had protected him in the end. He had been the one to help his sister and get him away from his dad. He at least deserved Grey's loyalty in this instance, or at least the chance to explain himself.

“I want to talk,” Grey whispered, indicating that Jasper should come to him instead.

Jasper nodded, walking slowly across the room sitting delicately on the bed.

“I’m going to ask you a question, and I want you to answer me truthfully. I’ll be mad, but I won’t be as mad as if you do your usual and evade my question,” Grey breathed. He was just talking to Jasper, yet he felt like he was giving his noble peace expectance speech.

Jasper looked as though he was thinking this over a second, or trying to read Grey’s mind, he couldn’t tell; but he eventually nodded.

“You and Cain, were you together while I was alive?” Grey stated blatantly. He figured this was the best way to rule out Christophe's statement without directly implicated the man himself.

For the first time that Grey had been with him Jasper Drake looked taken aback.

“Please tell me the truth,” Grey muttered.

Jasper sighed, running his hands through the ink black tresses of his hair and nodded. “My father was my role model. He accepted me, he taught me, but he was also very…stern. He led our kind for centuries and no one dared challenge him. The leader of the vampire race was driven underground under his rule. To do this he deployed himself, and a hundred of his best soldiers, which included me and my brothers.

“This war was like nothing we had ever seen. Vampires, real vampires are viscous creatures. Once they get ahold of you they use their fangs to bite you and push venom into your system until your vanes freeze up and stop pumping blood.”

Grey turned his head slightly to the vampire that lay sleeping upstairs. Sky wouldn’t be like that, she would be different; she would have to be.

“They slaughtered our numbers, well as much as we slaughtered theirs. Anyway, during times like these, we have to worry about the continuance of our species, and our nation. My father called me too him. He explained the hierarchy of our kind. If he were to die, than I would become alpha, if I died then we would have no one.”

“What about Wilhelm, Jace, Christophe?” Grey asked.

“Wilhelm and Christophe do not share the Drake blood, though they are like my brother’s, they could not take the throne. And Jace had already lost the ability to speak then…and that’s not the only thing that ails my brother. Before you ask, the state my mother would have been in would not have fit her as a ruler either.” Jasper whispered as though he were telling sacred events.

“The only one who can claim the throne is the descendant of Drake, or the mate.”

Grey was starting to see where this was going.

“The Cain clan was one of the…weaker clans that were more known for healing and serving, however they were high enough to know the political going ons of the packs.”

“So you mated with him?” Grey murmured, though he knew now there was no question.  

“Grayson, if there was another way, I would have, I would have done anything,” Jasper pleaded. It looked as though he was about to cry the way his bright blue eyes pleaded with him. “Your my mate, I know that and I hope you do, I love you more than anything, and if I could do it again-”

He was cut off by the sound of the doorbell, and Grey couldn't help but to breathe a sigh of relief. There would be time to think this over, to ponder what to do. There were times like this when he wished he had Reggie or Sky more than anything.

“Jasper, it’s the warlock,” Christophe said downstairs in a normal tone.

“We have to go,” Jasper muttered, back to business as he pulled on a black button down. Jasper reached out his hand to Grey, and the smaller boy timorously took it.

Grey sucked in a breath, and walking slightly behind Jasper they descended the stairs quietly.