most beautiful place in this building

1:03pm

Mina's POV

It took quite some time for me to calm everyone down. Now we're all sitting on the floor, the Boys in front of me, waiting for me to start explaining. Namjoon was leaning onto the doorframe, smiling like a dork. And I can be sure, he has one million less reasons to smile than I do at the moment.

„Wow, this is awkward." I playfully laugh into the round. Where should I even start?

„So- as you all know there was a person removed from the team because of them leaking classified information and their inappropriate behaviour. Their contract of employment expired last week."

Even though they might be able to tell where this leads, they kept silent – but I notice Tae, Jimin and Kookie looking at each other and Jin and Hoseok searched for each other's hands. Yoongi even stopped playing with Yeontan.

„We talked a lot about how I came here to Korea and how I met Hoseok. And this time I did not leave out the detail about my brother. I need to finally accept it. However, I got a bit emotional." Gladly, I did not put on make-up this morning.

„Your Manager asked me if I would be able to translate E-Mails, cook for you from time to time and be there for female inspiration. He thinks it's important to have a close ARMY representative in charge for ‚the emotional stuff'." I mark the quotations with my fingers, a bit distracted about his choice of words.

Furthermore, he believes I would help you with looking after yourselves. I can even be a trustful part-time doggo-mum for Yeontan and if I do well and don't distract you guys from working, I am allowed to go on tour with you and take dancing classes with the Big Hit trainees. But not in the beginning." There was a high pitched squeak from the back – but I think it came from Tae instead of from Yeontan.

„So...yeah... we had a long talk, but in a nutshell, I got a job offer. As...'Unofficial Female BTS Supporter'. I don't think this is an actual job description, but we went with that. I personally think ‚professional fangirl' suits better. It was Namjoon's Idea." I hysterically start laughing and turn to RM, because I still cannot freaking believe what just happened in there.

„Of course, there are some conditions. I have to delete all my existing social media accounts and if the fans find out about my relation...ship with Hobi-" Did I really just dare saying relationship? „We must break up and part ways officially." My face expression darkens at this thought.

„So the only thing we need to make sure is - the fans must either love her or never find out until we're allowed to have girlfriends." I nod timidly as RM squats down next to me.

"So...What do you think?" I tilt my head – expecting reactions.

Instant screaming. Whoa. WHOA!

I find myself lying flat on the floor, buried in layers with young handsome guys, laughing uncontrollably. Yeontan probably didn't know what's going on but started licking my face. Suga took off mine and their shoes. Probably so they won't hurt me in this bustle. He's so considerate.

"I AM SO HAPPY!" Tae screams while tickling Jimin. Oof, more like they are so heavy. "THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!" I can relate, Tae.

"Let me lie on top of her!" Kookie starts taking off the heap member by member. Be careful about your words, Jungkookie!

"Guys, stop squeezing me!" Rather than myself, I think Jimin was more of a victim. Poor him. But I continue to kid around with Jungkook, Jin and the 95-line a bit longer.

My eyes search for Hoseok, that was not lying somewhere on top of me. Where did he go? I can't see him. Isn't he happy about the news? I thought I saw him smiling when I told them.

"Guys- hold on a second-" I try to free myself from their love. "Have you seen Hobi?"

Everyone shook their heads after realising he really must have left the room. Uh oh...

"Excuse me, please!" I bow before running out.

I run outside of the room, searching for him on the entire floor. I even open some doors I am probably not allowed to open. Because technically I am not an employee here, yet. Where could he possibly be? He did not take his bag with him, so he could not have left the building – well that's the theory.

As I quickly walk through the hallways – taking the elevator up and down, I almost run into a girl about my age, maybe a little older. I deeply bow and apologise before turning over my heels again, ready to run off and continue my search.

But like this I would just run blindly through a building I don't know.

"Sorry to bother you again! But I am looking for someone." Maybe she has an idea. "Which place in this building is the most beautiful one?" Because the most beautiful place is where Hoseok is.

She puts on a very warm and kind smile. "That's easy. It's the roof."

Of course! The roof. She giggles and sweeps a few of her pink hair strands out of her face.

"Just take the elevator to the upper floor and go up the stairs! You cannot miss the sign. It says 'most beautiful place in this building'!" We chuckle together. I already like her.

"Alright! Thank you!" After taking a few paces, I turn again. "My name is Mina by the way! It was a pleasure to not run you over!"

Before I step into the elevator I take a deep breath. There is no way he will not be up there.

I open the door to the rooftop and instantly get dipped in bright daylight. I take a moment to soak up the energy from its warmth. The sky is almost cloudless – quite unusual for a regular day in January. A cold breeze caresses my cheeks and makes my hair flow while I scan the area for Hoseok.

And there he is. Resting his head on his arms that form a pillow on the rooftop's shoulder-high railing.

„Hoseok." I say with a soft voice. „I was sure I will find you here. Closest to the sun, of course."

Since he disappeared without a word, I expected him to be in a rather bad mood, so to see his lips forming into a heart shape was reassuring.

"To be honest, I was hoping you would look for me." A small chuckle escapes him. "Please don't think I'm pathetic."

"I would never think that." Closing the gap between us, I snuggle into his shoulder. He's so warm. "But why did you ran off in the first place?"

"I got anxious." He drifts off into the city line of Seoul. "About what will come after you will work with us."

I don't understand. Why would he be anxious? I thought it was good news. I personally could not have thought of anything more exciting. I patiently waited for him to continue.

"If our fans find out about you – and they surely will – we will have to part ways...I don't want that. I want to be with you." He turns to face me, stroking my hair. "I really hope they will accept and understand the fact that I need you...and see what I see in you."

As honourable ARMY representative in this situation, I don't even hesitate for a second to fulfil my duty.
"I'm very sure we will. Even if it takes some time." I giggle, causing him to smile. Yet, it quickly fades.

"And what if you will get close to other idols? While we attend award shows, I mean. We're not the only existing boy group and you have the ability to make everyone like you at an instant. I will never be able to protect you." He deeply sighs.

But before he was able to say another word, I shut his mouth. I shut it because the thought about him worrying about me falling someone else is just too much. I sealed his lips with mine and wrapped my arms around him, showing I was dead serious.

I slowly pulled away and glanced up into his dark brown eyes before cupping his handsome face to make it clear.

"I love you."