- five

- con artist ; 5

All of these things going on at this very moment didn't seem to add up at all. I grew up the only child.

"This is wrong... I am the only child." I said furrowing my brow together in a bunch.

"You're wrong," Alexander said letting a dark chuckle out then added, "I was put in foster homes all over the city. They couldn't afford two children Samantha so they picked you over me."

Suddenly it all added up, and fell into place. I always questioned mom and dad about all the toddler clothes in boxes in the basement.

They hid it all from me, saying it was my cousin's clothes we had to keep for my aunt. "It all makes sense now." I mumbled to myself.

I heard a gun cock followed by these words, "because of you have been to hell and back so many times."

Quickly turning on my heel I took off running as three rounds came flying towards me. Luckily I dodged them in darkness that lay over the sky like a thick black coat.

"I will fucking find you Samantha I don't care where you hide!" Alexander yelled as I quickly got into my car, pulling off quickly.

I just found out I had a brother and he just tried to take me life right out my grip. I cautiously drove back to base taking my time to make sure I wasn't being followed by anyone or Alexander.

That would be the last thing I would need. My phone began to light up as I drove up and down the hills.

Thank god it was just Justin. I picked up the phone as I made a quick turn. "Blair, you need to drive away from base and leave the car," Justin spoke into the phone.

He then added on, "I got one of my men for back up to watch and he saw someone put something underneath the car, could be tracker or bomb I don't know but you need to be quick."

I began to sweat a little as the nervousness settled in. "alright, I'll be sure to do so." I said as I chewed on my lip quickly driving out town doing at least 95 mph.

"Also, be sure to get rid of this phone. I will take care of getting you a new one. There is hammer in the glove compartment, use that. Take the bus and walk the rest of the way home." he said in firm tone.

"Alright I will be there soon." I said before the line went out.

I pulled up in the parking lot, exiting the car. I then took the hammer out, smashing my phone into pieces.

Grabbing, my purse out the car, I slipped the hammer into the bottom of it. The roads were silent allowing me to hear birth of a rapid ticking noise.

All of the cuss words I could think of begin to come out just as I was in the process of bolting away. I continued to sprint until I made it to the bus stop.

Pulling a five dollar bill out my pocket I made it just in time. I walked onto the bus last, hearing the erupting and seeing the flames while taking my seat.

Everyone around me looked around out the windows, at what was once my car in flames in the process of passing by it.

After roughly twenty minutes I exited off the bus I few blocks away from base. I took a shortcut through the woods that's lead me by the driveway.

I began to run down it, clutching my purse. I grabbed my key and unlocked a side door then from there heading to Justin's office.

Giving his chestnut office door a few knocks he came to answer. His hand was kinked deep into his hair. I made my way inside, sitting down in front of his large half desk.

Justin returned to his seat behind it. We made eyes contact for a few seconds before he rested his elbows on the desk.

"Talk." he said in a deep tone, licking over his lips quickly.

"He shot at me three times. My parents put him in fosters home because they couldn't support two children. He is angry with me so he's going to fuck with my life." I replied to him as I was still short of breath.

"How in the world did he find you is what I want to know." He spoke, "Why he is doing all of this, he tried to end your life tonight Blair." Justin said bringing his hands together.

"I know that Justin but he didn't, I don't know how he found me. I am Blair Malone, no longer Samantha Andrews. So it makes no sense as to how h-"

I said before he cut me off hitting his balled-up fist on top of his desk.

"You are missing what I'm saying. He tried to kill you tonight, which means he will not have any problem at all with trying again." he yelled towards me, standing up.

I stared at him and used the same tone getting out of my seat as well, "I am as mad just like you Justin. My life was at stake tonight, I know that. There can't be any other way for him to find me again."

Out of nowhere he rested his finger under my chin, pecking my lips softly. I rested my fingers over my lips softly and met his eyes with mine.

"I'm sorry for yelling, we'll figure it out though. Go ahead to bed Blair, goodnight." he said rapidly as he tangled his fingers back in his hair.

"Goodnight Justin." I said response before leaving his office slowly.

What just happened? My boss just kissed me and I found out I have brother whom tried to take my life.

I honestly do not know what's coming next or what to expect. Especially from Alexander.

I might have destroyed what he used to find me but if he found me using my birth name even though I use a street name now; I am sure he could do it all over again.