- eight

- con artist ; 8

My mind swirled around in various circles as I inhaled deeply. It had been a few weeks since any signs of Alexander had appeared.

With that being said it released some of my stress but I had other things on my mind.

Taking a seat on the hardwood floor I sat with my back against the wall, clamping my hands together.

Out of all things to think about the thought of my old boyfriend Ronnie stayed in my head. They always remained there I just found things to do to keep them away.

That corrupted numerous things within me and outside. We began so happy and vibrant but he cheated.

Yes. He cheated and when asked about it he admitted it straight up. What he did after that was out of the question.

In all honestly I won't ever forget that day. Ronnie had made sure of it.

"You're a fucking cheater!" I yelled , staring at him as he sat on the edge of the bed. "Yea I cheated so what?" Ronnie arose from his feet- taking a few steps that closed the space between us.

"I hate you! You promised me, you're such a li-" My anger quickly flopped to fear brewing in the pit of my stomach. His hand collided with my skin leaving a hot, stinging feeling.

"I know what I am Samantha, but don't you love me? Don't you love what I have done for you?" In a hush tone those words fell from his lips.

My eyes began to well up soon warm tears ran from my eyes. I began to hit him with all my mite only to be stopped when he shoved me to the floor.

"I wouldn't have to cheat if you learned how to give it up every once in a while and let us both release ourselves. Get up and fucking look at me while I'm talking to you." He spat in a cold, hard tone standing over me.

I bite my bottom lip nervous beginning to rise to my feet. "There's nothing wrong with pussy in a relationship Samantha, we've been together how long and it's been going on like this?" Ronnie said tapping his chin in a thinking manner.

"Oh yea that's right. Five months. I have feelings for you but not as many if you let me between your legs."

He didn't want me because I wouldn't have sex with him? After all these times he's said he understands and will wait.

The conversation was left just like that. I couldn't find the words to say "I'm done." let alone speak to him.

Ronnie was so upset with me he made me sleep on the floor with a single blanket. I had no idea how bad things would get until that night he cheated and not only physically by mentally hurt me.

I blinked once then quickly to snap out my flashback. My tears had already been sliding down my cheeks, making me appear lifeless and most of all broken.

To this day I cannot believe I made myself give away my virginity to him. After he cheated, hurt me and for weeks after that it only got worse which made me second guess life.

My palms has grown sweaty from my anxiety peaking due to me thinking about the situation.

Bringing my knees to my chest I laid my head on my knees. I tightly wrapped my arms around my knees to hold myself together.

Literally. But it was too late. From the moment the situation entered my brain I was already a complete mess.

The way I am reacting shows that I had become more than that. Ronnie made me this way.

I was only eighteen and so in love yet so hurt. His wrongdoings towards me caused my heart to turn ice cold and an attitude I didn't even know existed come out of me.

I began rebelling against my parents and resorting to selling drugs, hoping I would find someone better than Ronnie.

Someone that would make me feel as high as the drugs I sold would for the buyer. But all he did was push me further into the ground.

I was feeling as if I was six feet under and it was because of him. I licked over my lips which tasted of salt due to my tears streaming down my face quickly.

I then heard a knock on the door causing me to jump. My nerves were horrible each time I thought about him.

I quickly wiped my face as I went into the bathroom. "Come in." I said trying to keep my fragile voice hidden.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I look like a mess but I'll just say I'm tired.

The door opened them closed softly. Tucking a strand of hair behind my ear I turned to see who I least expected.

Justin.

What is he doing here, in my room? He hardly ever leaves the office.

"Hey Blair, I hadn't seen you all day an-" He paused as he turned to me. His eyes fell upon my face as if he was trying to study me.

"What's wrong?" Justin moved closer to me, standing in the door way of the bathroom. My eyes looked down watching myself drag my feet back and forth across the cold tile.

Everytime I think about the situation, about Ronnie it does the most to me. The toll it takes gets worse each time.

I couldn't help but tell him how I felt, what happened. Why? I'm so vulnerable and it felt so right.

-

Justin sat behind me, letting me rest my head in his lap. We had talked about so much.

I felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders for finally speaking up to someone about what Ronnie did.

The pain, anger and confusion never subsided though. He combed his fingers through my hair gently, listening to what I had to say.

Something Ronnie used to do when I had a bad day. It made my mind race more.

From the time he asked what was wrong until I finished he hadn't spoke a single word.

I admired that because he was listening and gave me a reassuring head nod to let me know he was.

Justin pulled me up so that my body lay in front of his. "Do you mind?" He asked softly, pulling me close to him yet leaving an inch or two of space.

Shaking my head I rested my head on his arm. I took big breaths and let them out slowly to calm my frantic river of tears.

As I did so I felt Justin rest his head on one of my many pillows. His warmth was comfortable.

Although we weren't touching I felt it. Justin's presence helped me out so much at this moment in time.

I began to feel my eyelids grow heavy as if a bag of sand were set on top of them as my breathing return to normal.

This feeling was sweet but at the same time bitter. He came at the right time as if told when told and helped me gather some of the pieces back up.

Although he was the head man around here it felt as if he settled down and let his guard go down for me.

My eyelids shut closed quickly due to my drowsiness and the toll all the crying I did took.

But I know this is a one time thing and he just happened to be there. I'm calm now though and have stopped the what felt like the endless stream of tears.

I am not exactly sure how I feel about this but in this very moment in time, it feels right and I feel secure.

That's what matters most of all right now.

***

A/N notes: I wish I would have updated more than just this time this week honestly. The chapter I had written for eight didn't seem to fit or at least not yet so I restarted last night and completed it last night. This is a different side of Blair so I'm a bit nervous to see what you all have to say. But I hope you enjoyed! Although not as many people read as in the beginning I will still continue to update (: I love you, thanks for reading. Remember to vote and comment, your feedback is very important to me.