Ch.15

Tch. Troublesome girl.l

I walk towards the gate, with that stupid flower crown still on my head. I reach up to yank it off, but my movement falls short.

"You're not gonna get rid of it, are you???"

I shake away the thoughts of a certain green-haired, forest-eyed girl. I grab the crown, and take it off. But instead of throwing it on the ground, I put it in my bag. I shut it, and zip for the gates. Can't be late, can I?

For Akemi you would.

What the...? I shake the thoughts from my head. That's ridiculous. I would rather go to school than deal with that troublesome girl.

You know that's not true.

Ugh! Stupid voice again! Get out of my head, it's a drag!

[Sorry, can't do that. Gotta break a forth wall, and all that. (This isn't the author by the way, I'm totally not lying.)]

She's a really good friend, I will admit. She's cool, and can be really quiet which I appreciate. So I guess I'm cool with her. Ugh! She's such a drag!

Dumb thoughts.

I ignore it, and walk to school in silence. The walk is calm, and it's nice to know that the streets aren't full of people's chatter. I'll most likely be early to the academy, at this rate.

I finally arrive, and my assumption was right. No one was in the classroom. I look at the class clock.

9:23? Must be broken.

I sit down at my desk, and lay my head in my arms. I can't seem to relax, so I take the flower crown out of my bag and look at it fondly.

Stupid flowers. Tch.

Third person

Shikimaru doesn't know why, but he just continued to twirl the crown in his hands, and rested his head on his arms once again. Then, he was out like a light.

I guess waking up early to see Akemi had taken more out of him than he thought, eh?

Currently, the students were behind the school. The clock was indeed NOT broken, but they were having a school assessment. One that Shikimaru didn't bother being on time for, because he was sleeping when it was announced.

Ah, classic Shikimaru.

So you could say it was quite the surprise for the other students when they found careless, not at all feminine in anyway, always bored, Shikimaru Nara sleeping with a flower crown in his hands.

"Pfftt Choji! Look at him!" Ino was already being obnoxious. "He's sweepwing wike a wittle baby!"

Iruka stepped in. "Now Ino, let's not be rude! Your nine, you should know better. You're a big girl, right?"

Ino puffed out her cheeks, but complied. "Yeah yeah, I know."

"Ok everyone. Choji, wake up Shikimaru. The rest of you, go to your seats."

Choji walked over, and gently shook his friend. Shikimaru groaned, and turned his head in his arms. "Wake up, class is starting again. Also, you missed the school assessment. It was this morning?..."

Shikimaru's eyes opened fully, and he sat up, despite not wanting to. "Ehh? We had a school assessment? What a drag..." Shikimaru quickly noticed the flower crown, and rushed to put it in his bag.

Ino giggles. "I didn't know you liked to make flower crowns Shika-kun!" Shikimaru grunted. That Akemi's nickname for him.

"Don't call me that." For a nine year old, his voice was oddly cold. Threatening, almost. And he wasn't even trying to do that! It just happened!

Ino immediately stopped, and those around them were confused. What's with that reaction? It was just a nickname, it wasn't offensive or anything, was it?

They all eventually shrugged it off as Iruka started up the lesson again.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Akemi was in an... uncomfortable situation.

You see, Akemi was attempting to climb a tree for... reasons... and didn't... maybe... definitely, got stuck.

Now she could move the branches, but she only had one way to do it without breaking the tree. And that one way happened to involve breaking herself. No human bends that way. Unless you're like, some snake person or something. Bones just don't work like they need to in this situation,

Man, I really shot myself in the foot with this one, didn't I?

She kinda just hung there for a bit, before getting irritated.

Hopefully Shika chi gets over here quickly once school ends... aaaaaand that would be in five to six hours. Fucking, fabulous.

Isn't today just great?