Ch.8

He isn't here.

The small bracelet Shikimaru gave me said he should be here by now. (It's a watch, he didn't get her a magic time telling charm bracelet.)

Four zero zero.

Don't worry Akemi, he's probably just getting something to eat! Yeah! He's just stopping by somewhere!

Just be patient.

He still isn't here.

Is it broken? It can't be. The sky is changing. Five three zero. He should be here!

Maybe he ran into something! Yeah! That's it! He's just delayed! That's it!

Just wait a little bit longer Akemi. He'lol be here soon. Plus, if you worry, it's troublesome!

The sun is setting... Shikimaru... where are you? Is he hurt!? I hope he's ok... he wouldn't break his promise. He'll be here! I know...

If I just wait...

Just wait.

Where are you... Shikimaru... I'm worried... it's getting dark...

A girl sat on the ground curled into a small ball. She was tearing up.

He won't break his promise! He'll show up! He will! Shikimaru is good! He is good! He will keep his promise!

He's good! He'll come, I know it! He's good! He'll keep his promise! He's not like them! He's good!

He will keep his promise. He isn't them. They are bad, he's good! Shikimaru is good...

He won't leave me alone...

The girl wasn't sure what to do. It was dark now. She was bawling her eyes out. Her eyes, red and puffy. Her lips I'm a pout.

Her words were stumbling over themselves. She was pulling on her hair, she was a blubbering mess.

Chaos ensued.

Crashes, bangs, screams.

She whaled. Her tears drenched her sleeves, and her hair became a mess. Snot ran down her face.

Everything was destroyed. It was a mess.

The thing that used to be a tree house was on the ground. The hedge wall was tore down in spots, and branches of it were burning.

As the fire slowest burned out, you could see a girl hiding in the mess of it all.

She seemed so small. She was sobbing, and seemingly shrank into herself. Her sobbing had turned quiet.

"He can't be bad..."

Warm.