Chapter Two - Reyna's True Self

“Next contestant please,” Simon called from behind the curtains. Amee took a deep breath and walked out.  Much to her surprise, the crowd started cheering and clapping for her.

“Why hello again,” Simon said looking rather surprised.  Niall perked up and looked at Amee, and smiled. 

“How is your knee?” Niall inquired. 

“It’s fine,” Amee said with a calm smile. 

“Are you sure you are ready, love?” Cher asked.  She had a worried expression across her face.  “I am as ready as I will ever be.” Amee reassured Cher. 

“Okay doll, here is the music,” Simon said as he nodded to someone though the curtains.  Amee looked at the crowd that quieted down to hear her sing.  All of a sudden, she wasn’t nervous or scared.  She didn’t see anyone anymore.  It was her, the microphone, and the background music, no one else existed in this world.    She closed her eyes for a second and when she opened them she saw the musical notes dancing in front of her.  She inhaled the notes and started singing.  The words flowed through every fiber of her being.  She wasn’t standing on stage anymore she was taking a journey through the song.  She was picturing herself as Fergie, and her old life as the boy in the song.  Once the song ended, Amee floated back down to reality.  There was dead silence in the arena.  Amee anticipated the booing to commence immediately, however, everyone started clapping, cheering, and screaming her name.  Amee let out a nervous laugh as she fanned her face.  ‘Damn, these stage lights are hot’ Amee thought to herself.  Amee was absolutely elated, the cherry on top was when Niall stood up and gave her a standing ovation.  He smiled and winked at her as she blushed.  When everything calmed down, Niall was the first one to speak. “Well Amee, that was just,” he seemed like he was at a loss words, “I am trying to think of a word that means amazing, wonderful, spectacular, and absolutely beautiful, but I can’t so I will just combine the words and say amdertacful, yes that is perfect.  Amee you were amdertacful” Niall finished.  “Amdertacful indeed” agreed Cher as she nodded with a smile on her face.  Louis said “I am speechless, that was one of the best auditions I have ever seen or heard so far in this series, amdertacful, simply amdertacful.”  The crowd cheered and laughed at the new word, in agreeance.  “Well I think they’ve said it all haven’t they,” said Simon with a smile, “So I will leave you with just one word, amdertacful.”   Amee smiled as she walked off the stage where Reyna greeted her with a smile.  “Ames, you were fabulous, I didn’t know you had such a good voice in there!”  Reyna said with glee.  “Aren’t you glad I dragged you out here to audition?” Reyna asked.  Amee nodded she was still speechless from that last performance.  ‘One step closer to dreams coming true’ Amee thought with a smile, ‘and Niall created a new word to describe how good I was, today was AMAZING!’

 “Well that finishes the competition here in Oxford, those who were chosen today are as follows : Amee Jonna, Sarah Embels, Jordan Mikelson, Mikey Johnson, Emma Thomas, and finally Gemma Khan,” The announcer said over the big speakers.  Reyna and Amee jumped and hugged when her name was called.  On their way to Reyna’s car, Reyna pulled out her phone and started fake interviewing Amee.  “So Amee Jonna, how does it feel to be almost famous?” she asked.  Amee laughed a little and said, “Well it feels like a dream come true!”  “What is the first thing you’re going to do when you make it big?” Reyna says as she puts the phone to Amee.  “ Oh I don’t know,  buy a house for my parents and then donate the rest to doctors without borders,”  Amee replied. The smile on Amee’s face was growing wider by the moment.  It actually happened, she moved on to boot camp! She had never been more excited in her life. She was so excited that she even forgot about the fact that it would be broadcast all over the UK and it is very possible to ‘google’ a video of her singing.  That is until she got a call later that evening from her brother.