Chapter Nine - Plot Twist

Chapter Nine – Plot Twist

“You’ll never love yourself, half as much as I love you, and you’ll never treat yourself right darlin’ but I want you to, If I let you know that I am here for you, maybe you’ll love yourself like I love you,” Amee sang in the recording studio.  It was ten in the morning and she was waiting for Savan to show up, she had two days to figure everything out and make sure she was on the right track.  She started strumming on the guitar to the beautiful tune.  She smiled as she imagined Niall sitting in front of her singing a duet.  As usual she lost herself; it wasn’t until Savan tapped her on her shoulder that she floated back down to reality.

“Damn, maybe Ed should have saved that song for you,” Savan said with a laugh.  He was standing in front of Amee, in white shorts, a Hawaiian flower shirt, and a hat with an attached blonde wig.  Amee sat and looked back at him thinking, ‘What in the world is this man wearing?’

“Savan, did you pass any children on your way here,” Amee asked.

“Yes, why” Savan asked suspiciously.

“Did they start crying when they saw you,” Amee asked as she started laughing.

“Hey,” Savan protested when he finally understood what Amee was insinuating.

“Took you long enough,” Amee said as she doubled over in laughter.

“I’ll get you back for that,” Savan warned.

“So do you want to hear what I have for you,” Amee asked.

“Is it Little Things,” Savan asked.

“Yes,” Amee replied excitedly, “I’ve been here practicing for a while.”

“No,” Savan stated simply as he put his guitar down.

“What,” Amee said taken aback.

“Yes, you have been singing emotional and vulnerable songs all this time,” Savan said.

“Because they work for me,” Amee said.

“Amee, all I am saying is that you aren’t a one dimensional singer,” Savan said as he settled down and lifted his hands up in the air as if to say, ‘Just saying.’

“Then what would you propose, ‘Wild One’?” Amee asked.

“No, that song has rapping in it, and you need to have certain type music in the background, and it’s just not the song that you perform for an audition. I am thinking something a little more rocky and sexy,”

“Sexy,” Amee said, looking as Savan, “please tell me you are not serious.”

“You can do vulnerable Amee, we all know it,” Savan stated.

“Yes and I can do it well, so why not stick to it?” Amee asked innocently.

“This is a competition, you have to bring you’re a game every week,” Savan replied.

“Well I can bring my A-game during my slow vulnerable songs too,” Amee stated.

‘Oh god, please don’t make me do this,’ Amee thought while thinking about all the dance moves that would come with doing a song like this. 

“You do a wonderful job when it comes to these songs, you have to show versatility as a singer.  You have to show that you can perform anything they throw your way, and that you are open to anything.  You have to do it now, in judges houses.  It will be completely out of the ordinary and unexpected and you will knock Simon’s socks off,” Savan tried to convince Amee.