chapter eighteen

ZENDAYA COLEMAN eventually busted open the door after several minutes of knocking and yelling at Tom to open up

ZENDAYA COLEMAN eventually busted open the door after several minutes of knocking and yelling at Tom to open up. She searched around to look for the actor, but ended up being able to find him by hearing sniffles coming from his balcony.

She quickly opened the sliding glass door, to reveal Tom with his head in his hands, crying. Zendaya quickly rushes to his side, "Shorty, what's wrong."

Tom didn't answer, but stopped sniffling. After a few moments of him wiping his tears, he reveals his devastated face to one of his best friends. "S-She said that I shouldn't have sprung this on her."

Shocked, Z wraps her arm around her friend's shoulder, "It's not your fault. I've said from the beginning that she wasn't happy with that douche bag, and now that she's mad at you, one-hundred percent confirms my suspicions. She's mad because she feels the same way as you."

After a long time, Zendaya texted Harrison to come over and try to console the boy too. It probably wouldn't do much, but she was willing to give it a try.

Since Harrison was Tom's assistant, it was nice to have him around when Zendaya needed him, because Tom's emotional breakdowns happen quite often. Not as bad as this, however.

Not even five minutes passed when Harrison came crashing through the door, "Is he all right? What's he saying? Is he crying? Will he be-"

Zendaya cut off his rapid questions by answering, "Yes, that it's his fault, yes, and he will be alright." She puts a hand on Harrison's shoulder, trying to calm him down. Even though he wasn't Tom's, Tom was Harrison's best friend, and he would walk across the Earth for him.

Harrison knelt by Tom's side and said, "Hey, mate. Sorry to hear about Liliana," Tom doesn't respond, and continues to sob into his hands. "I really wish you would talk to me. You know it's not that big a deal, right?"

No answer.

After a few seconds of waiting for a response, Harrison said something he knew would get Tom to reveal himself to him.

"Liliana has always been kind of a bitch, right? I mean, you deserve better than scum."

With this, Tom quickly revealed himself to grab Harrison by the collar, "Don't call my best friend that," and he pushed Harrison backwards. He then resumed to sob into his hands, an action which Zendaya had to try not to laugh at.

Tom began to think about all the cars driving below his balcony. He could see them race by in between the spaces of his fingers and began to think, those drivers have no idea I'm crying up here. They have no idea that the love of my life just walked out on me. They have no idea I lost my best friend.

After a long while of silence while Zendaya and Harrison watch Tom sob, Tom springs up and walks out of the door, slamming it behind him, with his car keys in hand.

He spend the next several hours parked down the street from Lil's place. He didn't have the guts to get out of the car, however. So he went home, and kicked himself for being a wimp.

__

akskskskskakak getting to the good stuff