Seeing an old friend

Melina:

Although I may not be the best at ice skating, you couldn't say I didn't try.

You could say I fell quite a few times while trying though. Although that would be stretching the truth because, I fell more than a few times.

Deciding that maybe it was be a good idea to give I up I skated the opening, gripping the wall like it was the only thing that could keep me alive on the way.

I put my fuzzy boots back on to replace the cold leather skates.

Having nothing else to do I figure on just watching Izzy and Kyle.

Izzy looked like a natural doing spins and tricks throughout the ice, Kyle following close behind praising Izzy's graceful moves.

I was so caught up in the ice show before me that I didn't even realize somebody sneaking up behind me until they grabbed me shoulder and whispered, "boo".

Turning around I saw Carson's beautiful face looking down at me.

"Don't do that again", I say hitting his chest playfully, my heart still racing. I don't know if it's from the shock of him being here or just his presence itself.

God what am I saying? I sound like a lovey dovey teenage girl.

"So why aren't you out there", he asked nodding out to the ice rink.

"Let's just say ice skating isn't one of my strong suits. Where were you anyways?", I ask not wanting to go in depth into explaining how much I suck at skating.

"No where.", Carson answers a moment to soon. I glance at his face, which tells me not to question it any further.

"Okaaay then.", I mumbled not knowing what else to say.

After clearing his throat, Carson says, "So anyway you want me to go get Izzy and Kyle and we can all grab some lunch?"

I nod my head and just on cue my stupid stomach decides to rumble.

Ten minutes later all four of us are seated at a small little diner not far from the rink.

"So Izzy where'd you learn to skate like that?", I ask.

"My dad taught me when I was little. I used to go every weekend with him even in the summer. It took longer to get there in the summer but he would still do it.", she said with a smile.

I saw Carson's smile dim for just a split second when Izzy was talking about her dad. The smile was full on again in such short time that if I wasn't looking at his face already I would've missed it.

The look of Carson's face for the tiny amount of time was surprisingly sadness.

Hmm... I'll have to ask him about that later for sure.

Maybe it has to do with what he was doing earlier, but probably not.

While I was contemplating the different things it could be the waiter walked to the table.

"Jack is that you?", I ask when I can finally see his face to confirm that it is indeed him.

"Miss Melina! Long time no see.", Jack said with his handsome smile that at one point would've caused butterfly's in my stomach.

That point was before the accident though.

"I can't believe I forgot about you moving down here.", I said in all honesty.

"Are you saying you forgot me? That hurts Mel! I mean I was your first boyfriend and all.", he said holding his hand to his heart.

"Anyways, how have you been?"

"I'm good thanks. How about you? What brings you to New York?"

"I'm good and I actually live here to. Here meet my friends.", I say finally remembering they're here too.

"Jack this is Carson, Izzy and Kyle. Guys this is Jack, we go way back. He went to my school in Colorado and just moved her last year for his parents job."

"Oh well any friend of Mel's is a friend of mine.", Jack says after I stand up to give him a hug.

"Well is was once to meet you.", Izzy says with smile, and Kyle nods adding a smile also.

I look over at Carson and see his fists clenched on the table with a clearly fake smile across his face. You could see the anger coming through the mask of a smile.

He looked sorta jealous.

Ha what am I thinking of course he's not!

"Any ways what can I get you guys to eat?"

After taking our order and walking away Izzy's the first to talk.

"He seems nice", she said with a smile still on her lips.

"Yeah he seems like a good guy. From what I can tell at least.", Kyle adds.

"Yeah he can be a little well... Crazy at times but what friend of mine isn't? He's a really good guy and has been my friend for forever.", which is true. Jack's been my friend since first grade and he's one of my only friend from after the incident. Even though at some times he want just a friend.

"I don't like him", Carson muttered quietly,probably not wanting anyone to hear but since I was right next to him I still could.

Okay so sorry this is kinda short. I'm writing on my iPad since I'm in the car and it's kinda hard and very hard so I apologize.
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vomment (vote/comment)
:)