Chapter Seven

"Madelyn Rae Johnson get your ass over here and give me a hug!" Alli screamed as the girls and I approached the Simpson's house. Giana, Jess, and Tiff were my best friends but they had nothing on Alli. Ever since Cody and I became best friends so did Alli and I. She had always wanted Cody and I together so she could be my sister-in-law but I always denied my feelings for him, until the past week at least.

"Alli Michelle Simpson! Look at you! When did you get so gorgeous?" I said as I ran into her arms.

"Oh don't even, I've been like this since I was born." She said. Classic Alli.

"So, how's L.A?" I asked as we walked into the house, the girls following behind. They liked Alli but didn't talk to her much since the move to L.A.

"L.A's great. Lots of cute guys." She winked at me.

"What about Jake?!" I whispered.

"If he doesn't make a move this time, I'm going home and getting me a boyfriend in Cali. I can't deal with his 'waiting until the perfect time' shit. I wanna be with him now!" She whispered back. I shot Giana a look and she understood, and told the other girls. We were going to make this happen.

"Maddie!" I heard a little boy yell then I felt Tom hugging me.

"Hey bud!" I said hugging him back. He then ran away as fast as he came. He was such a cute kid.

"Second door on the left." Alli said to me.

"What?" I asked.

"Cody's room is the second door on the left. You can get through the window by climbing onto the garage roof, which isn't that hard, then you can get right in." She said. They must've switched rooms. I wondered how Alli knew about the garage thing.

"Alli, how do you-" I started.

"Maddie, I'm not as innocent as you think. I've snuck out at least ten times through that window." Alli said with a smirk.

"What?!" I screamed.

"Just go up!" She basically yelled. I did as she said. Second door on the left, the door was open and Cody was messing around with his guitar. I closed the door behind me and he looked up and smiled.

"Couldn't stay away huh?" He said as he set down his guitar and leaned against the head board making room for me to sit down.

"Totally." I said sarcastically as I rolled my eyes.

"Good. Because if you hadn't come to me, I would have come to you. And I'm super jet lagged so you know I didn't want to." He said smirking.

"You just think you got me all figured out don't you Cody?" I said with a laugh.

"Maddie, I know I've got you figured out." He said chuckling to himself. He was so adorable in his black graphic tank and tan shorts and Vans. He had that ability to make my knees weak and my whole body to turn to jello.

"I don't think so." I said moving closer to him. I leaned into kiss and and pulled away as he shut his eyes and ran out the door.

"Oh, I'm gonna get you for that!" He said running after me.

"Guys! Protect me!" I said jumping onto the couch in between Giana and Jess.

"Ladies, can I just borrow Maddie for a second?" Cody asked politely when he had made it downstairs.

"Of course!" Jess said as she pushed me off of the couch and I went darting past Cody.

"Run Maddie run!" Tiffany yelled. I did, but Cody caught me in the kitchen. He slid his arms around my waist and he put his chin on my shoulder.