Chapter Five

"Maddie, what are you talking about?" I asked. 

"Cody, I.." She paused and turned around and sat on her bed. I followed her and sat next to her. 

"Cody, ever since fifth grade, I haven't, I haven't.." 

"been able to love anyone like you love me?" I finished for her. 

"How di-" 

"Because I've felt the same way." I said grabbing her hands. 

"Cody, I, I can't do this. Jake, h-" 

"He can live without you. He hasn't been able to see your pain, everyone can see it. JT can even-" 

"JT? He can see it?"  

"Maddie, the only way you can be happy, for real, is if you're with me." I said. 

"Cody, it would never work." 

"Yes, it would Maddie. Alli and-" 

"Can you please leave." She told me. I left. I called Matt and told him I was on the next flight back.  

-------------------------- 

"What the hell!?" Tiffany said after I told them all the Cody story. 

"Why aren't you dating?" Jess asked. 

"You like Cody?!" Giana yelled. 

"Guys, I couldn't tell you. Cody has been gone for so long and it just wouldn't work." 

"Maddie, if you wanted it to work, it would work." Jess said. 

"Can we stop talking about this? I don't want to be all depressed on my date with Jake tonight." I said. 

"You're still dating him?" Giana said shocked.  

"He didn't even notice how hurt you were. Jesus, JT saw and we don't see him everyday." Tiffany said. 

"Guys, I can't break up with Jake. The whole school would think I'm crazy." 

"Not after they see that Cody Simpson has been in love with you for like five years!" Jess said. 

"Guys, no." I said as I left the conversation. 

------------------------ 

"Maddie, you look great." Jake said. We were at dinner. It was just Applebee's but I was wearing a white lace dress and my hair was in a high bun. I barely had any make up on, that's why I got great, instead of beautiful or stunning. 

"Thanks." I said trying to smile. 

"So do you think you passed all your finals?" He asked. 

"I don't know. Probably." I said.  

"Mrs. Schmidt is such a tough grader, I don't know if my grade is gonna be that good." He said.  

"Yeah, she's the worst." I said. 

--------------------------- 

I acted like a complete shit head and he didn't break up with me. Why is Jake so stupid? I got home and slept for two whole days. But it felt as if it was months.  

--------------------------- 

(A few months later)

It had been a few months since Cody had been here. In those months I had broken up with Jake and I had been called a crazy person for doing it, but other than that, I had been thinking. Thinking long and hard about what Jess said. "if you wanted it to work, it would work." 

I was off on my social networks so I decided to see what was up. Facebook: 3,421 friend requests, 7,835 messages. What. the. hell. Close out Facebook. Twitter: 246,590 new followers, 421,237 tweets sent to me. Holy. fuck. I went to my lists. Friends list: Cody, Alli, JT, Giana, Jess, and Tiff.

@CodySimpson: #PreviewToParadise now on iTunes! #WISHIWEREHERE dedicated to @MaddieRaexo

What? A song? He wrote a song? I had to listen to this. Youtube. Wish U Were Here by Cody Simpson. I listened. I listened again. By the time I finished, the video had a hundred more views than before. Three hours, I listened for three hours. What was going on? 

1 New Tweet. Click.

@CodySimpson: Now off to the Gold Coast for a nice visit. #PreviewToParadise is on iTunes!

He was coming back? Wait, were the lyrics true?

"Lately I got this feeling, I don't know what's the meaning, But I know it's strong, And it's over you, All I want is to be home with you, Oh ooh oh, I'm coming right back, Oh ooh oh, Living without you is a, No No, I'm coming right back, Oh ooh oh."

He wrote this after he left. Oh my god, Cody. 

------------------------- 

Every inch of my body wanted me to call him, except my brain. I just sat there staring at the computer. My mom called me down for dinner but I didn't respond. She soon came up. 

"Maddie. I called you down for dinner twenty minutes ago, why didn't you come dow-" She stopped, seeing my face. 

"Mom, I, I.." but the words just wouldn't come out of my mouth.  

"Oh honey." She said pulling me into a hug. "What's going on?" 

"Cody wrote a song about me, and he's coming home and I, I, I don't know what I'm supposed to say to him." I choked out. 

"Just say what you feel. And remember, I'm always on your side." She comforted. She left and then returned bringing up my dinner. I just then realized I hadn't left my room all day, so therefore I hadn't eaten and I was hungry. My mom left saying she was working the ER tonight because her co-worker is like eight months pregnant and working in the ER while being that huge doesn't work. 

I called Giana and told her everything. 

"No way!" She said a I heard her typing on her computer. 

"Yeah, I think I'm going to delete my Facebook. I'm getting so many messages and friend requests. It's ridiculous." I said. 

"Holy shit! Look at all the followers you have! Like I know some of Cody's fans follow us since he tweets us sometimes, buy seriously, all your followers are his fans!" She said. 

"Hey, Google me." I said. 

"Oh my god, This is going to be so scary." She said as she typed. 

"You're scared? I'm the one being Googled!" I said. 

"1.3 million results." She said shocked. 

"What?!" I basically screamed. 

"First one is your Twitter page, second is your Facebook. Then there is like a lot of those ask.com and wikianswers pages that are asking who you are..." She states. 

"What do the answers say?" I asked. 

"Uh, lemme pick one." She said scrolling. "Okay, this one asks: Who is Maddie Johnson? Then the answer is.." She trailed off. 

"What does it say?" I pestered.  

"Maddie, it says that you're his girlfriend." 

"What the fuck!" I screamed. 

"Holy shit. What is going on?" Giana said confused. 

"Giana I don't even know." I said.  

"God damn.." she murmured to herself. 

"I guess we'll just have to wait until Cody gets home." I said. When Cody gets home. I couldn't help but smile. Cody's coming home. 

------------------------- 

Woah. That was crazy! What's going to happen?  Comment, Vote, Add to Library, and Become A Fan! (: Tell your frienddds!