Chapter Four

"Now Tiff and I just need boyfriends.." Jess said poking at her salad. 

"Drew and I aren't official, yet. Yeah, we've been on a few dates but that doesn't mean much." Giana said. 

"But you'll be official soon!" Tiffany said. 

"Guys, don't be jelly. You'll have boyfriends soon! You just have to lower your standards or just date a guy and fall in love with him." I said. 

"Maddie, you're not the one to speak on this subject. Nick is the cutest guy in the Freshman class, and well fuck, Jake is the hottest guy at Gold Coast. You've never had to settle." Jess said. Holy shit. I've never seen Jess like this. She was never the jealous type. Yes, I understand my life was a lot better than hers but it's not my fault my parents have good paying jobs. 

"You know what Jess, I'm glad you pointed that out. Now I realize, none of you really know me. My life isn't easy. When you put on an act for everyone when you just want to die, it's hard. So, uh, fuck you. Don't say shit until you know what they're going through." I said pointing my finger at her. Then I ran out of the cafeteria and went to the nurse and said I needed to go home. 

Giana and Tiffany tried calling me but I didn't want to explain the whole Cody thing right now. I just needed to cry. Jake had no idea what was going on and I was happy that he didn't. I didn't want to break up with him. If I had to tell him what was going on, it would ruin everything. 

----------------------- 

"Cody, you need to come back." Giana said. She knew that whenever Maddie went through hard things, like her parents divorce, Cody always knew what to say and how to cheer Maddie up. 

"Giana, I'm kind of recording an album. I was there like 6 months ago." Cody said. His thick Australian accent barely affecting Giana. 

"Cody, it's Maddie. She's a fucking reck. She won't answer my calls, or Tiff's. She flipped shit on Jess today." Giana explained. 

"Do you know what's wrong?"  

"No, she won't talk to anyone. Her parents even called us asking what was wrong and we couldn't answer it for our life." Giana said. 

"Giana, I really can-" 

"Cody, one week. That's it. Then you can go back. " 

"Giana, I would, you know I would. I have a trip planed to go home in a few months and stay for a lot longer than I usually do. I can't do this sudden trip or we'll have to cancel that one." Cody explained. 

"Take this week, then come a week later than planned. Easy fix." Giana said. 

"I'll ask but they probably won't let it happen. Oh yeah. I gotta go G-" Giana cut him off. 

"You were coming back for her birthday..." Giana pointed out. 

Cody paused. "Yeah. G-" Cut off again. 

"You love her don't you?" Giana asked. 

"I gotta go." Cody said as he hung up the phone.  

-------------------------- 

A few days later Cody arrived in Gold Coast, Australia. His best friend, Jake Thrupp not to be confused him Jake Henderson, picked him up at the airport so he didn't have to deal with Giana. Jake T. and Cody knew each other forever and never saw one another so the drive to his house was filled with jokes and some but little conversation about why he was actually there. 

"So mate, where to first?" Jake T. asked. 

"Well, I thought I'd stay on the DL for a day or two then take care of what I'm here for." Cody said. He had a plan to not get attached to Maddie, he had an album to record when he got back to LA. Yes, half of the songs were about Maddie but he didn't need to be thinking about her all the time. 

"So you're not here for me?" Jake T. joked. 

"Nah, man. I'm going to see," 

"Maddie. Right?" 

"How'd you know?" Cody asked confused. 

"Everyone does except her boy." 

"Her boy?" 

"Jake Henderson. Started dating like a month ago. He-" Cody cut him off. 

"She's dating Jake? But he's a year ahead.. And he can't see anything wrong?" 

"Yep." 

"Maddie has a boyfriend.." Cody whispered. 

"Dude.... are you?" Jake T. asked. 

"I, I don't know. Thanks for the ride Jake, I think I'll walk the rest of the way." 

"Later man." Jake T. said as Cody got out of the car. 

------------------------- 

(A few days later) 

"Cody! It's so nice to see you!" Maddie's mom said to me as I walked into the house. 

"It's nice to see you too." I told her. Can I just go see Maddie? 

"Are you here for long?" She asked. 

"No, I'm here until the end of the week. But I'm coming back soon." I said. 

"Good, we don't want you to forget what your biggest fans look like!" She said jokingly.  

"Haha, yeah." My phone started ringing. "Excuse me." I said as I saw the call was from my manager Matt. 

"Cody, are you almost done with your little trip? We need you back in LA." Matt stated. 

"Uhm no. I've been here for three days. I was just about to do my business then I was going to chill with Jake for the last three days I'm here." I said. 

"Cody, we're releasing the EP early. It's coming out Tuesday and you need to tell your fans." Matt said seriously. 

"That's in like four days!"  

"Exactly, now do you want to release it?" 

"Well of course I want the EP released but I have to be here right now. I'll call you back tomorrow and we'll see what is going on." I said. I couldn't deal with this bomb right now. 

"Sorry about that Matt is always on my-"  

"It's fine Cody. Go see Maddie. Up the stairs third door on the right." She said. 

I knocked, scared of the result. 

"Who is it?"  

"Room service." I said in my American accent. 

"What the hell?" Maddie said as I could hear her get off her bed and come to the door. 

"Are we getting robbed?" She asked. 

"No, you can trust me Maddie. Open the door." I said still in the accent. The doorknob turned and Maddie appeared. It'd be six months since I saw her. What was I supposed to do? Not hug her? Thankfully she pulled me into the hug first so I didn't feel awkward. 

"What's wrong?" I asked. Her eyes were red as can be. 

"Shit, I guess the truth has to come out eventually huh?" Maddie said. What was she talking about? 

-------------------------- 

Oh my god! What's going on? Hope you guys liked it! Comment, Vote, Add to Library, and Become A Fan! (: Tell other Simpsonizers!