Chapter 7: The Chance for Escape

Well today is the day the guards are starting to move everyone out and into death camps. I’m staying and a few people are staying here. But it would not matter if I was able to go because I’m so weak. I’ve been feeling sick for the past week now and I don’t know what’s going on. I have been sick ever since the doctor injected me with that mysterious red liquid, but it seems like it’s taken its toll on me so far. Half of the staff here are gone due to the illnesses that they have now, but the doctor ordered for them to go home and never come back they do not want to risk them getting everyone else sick. I feel like I could catch something any minute that’s how sick and weak I feel right now, and another thing is the more the doctor does these things to me the more I feel like I’m going to die. I can hear people yelling outside it seems like somebody is trying to escape the camp, but yet I can hear the guards warning them not to do it or they will shoot and kill them.

“Stop or I will shoot just get back to work.” Said the guard then I waited a few minutes and it seems quieter now but then I hear Click Click pow.   Sounded like a gunshot just went off so I tried to get up and look out the window and I saw a person just sitting there in pain with blood pouring out his leg like a waterfall. He was screaming the words kill me like he wanted to die to get out of this place. Then the guard up in the tower took his rifle off of the table, and clicked it back then waited. The commander gave him the ok then he shot the poor man in the heard between the eyes. Just seeing that man die is like a really horrible but terrifying feeling, and I do not know how these guards can just kill these people without any feeling of guilt. I just step back from the window I just can’t stand seeing somebody die like that anymore, but I could stand watching my mother die I don’t get that.  I went back to the bed to lie down so I could think for a long while about a lot of things, and also pray so I hope I can get out of this horrible place. Something that really surprises me is how many staff has left and how many is left here, but it’s for their own good so all of us don’t die from the illness that they had. There were about thirty guards here now there’s only ten left that is not sick. In all there were about one hundred of us here now there is about twenty left because most of them died from the illness. I may not have the illness that they had but I do feel really weak like I am sick. I just don’t know if I am or not it may be from lack of food as well, but I want to find out fast so I know what is to come in the later future. The doctor came to check on me to see if I was feeling any better, but yet I told him the same thing that I was feeling horrible and feeling weaker every day.

“Are you feeling any better boy?” said the curious doctor.

“No sir I feel weaker today I can barely move.” I said to him. He looks at me and says to me a strange voice.

“I’m going to take more blood and see if I can figure out what’s going on with you.” He said to me. I just nod at him like ok I see what you’re saying. Then he went and grabbed a needle that bigger than the last one, but only this time he was trying to aim for a bigger vain so he could try and get a lot more blood. He always tells me the more blood the better the results will be. He prepared the needle and I let him stick my arm, but boy did it hurt really badly. The pain was like someone taking a knife and stabbing your arm over and over again, but I think it hurts badly because I’m so weak and vulnerable. The doctor told me to go outside and go get something for him, so I had to go with the guard. When I walked out the door I started walking forward towards the main office where the commander stood along with six other guards. Then all of a sudden the guard gets shoved back into the mud on the ground, and then I felt arms go around real tightly.

“Son I’ve finally found you!” said dad from behind

“Dad is that you?” I said really tensely I turned around and looked at him and I could not recognize him at all due to his physical change to his body. He was a lot skinnier and much whiter like he was pale. I looked at him with the weirdest look, but I knew it was him I could tell by looking in his eyes.