Part 1

"Ah Meitantei, you cornered me~ Seems like you won this time."
Kaito Kuroba, moreover known as Kaitou KID, stood with his back towards the edge on top of a scyscraper. As usual, it was a dark night and the only light was the bright one below him in the city and the moonlight from above.

"Hands up KID. It's over."

Shinichis expression didn't change the slightest bit as he held up his gun, aiming it at the phantom thief. KID took a step backwards, his heel already hanging above the edge. A gust of wind blew up his cape in the cool nightair.
"The police will be up here soon. Just stay where you are and keep your hands raised."
KID let out a soft chuckle and lowered his head a little, making it impossible for Shinichi to get a better look at his features, his hands raised on shoulder height.
"My hands raised huh? Well if it's that what you want."
Suddenly, with two fingers he pulled a card out of his sleeve and began to laugh, throwing it onto the beton roof. Smoke streamed out of it and covered within seconds the whole roof. Shinichi, rather unsatisfied with the thought of losing to KID again, stormed into the smoke and almost fell off of the roof himself.

But there wasn't any sound, not even audible for Shinichis great ears.
The door to the roof bursted open and Nakamori-keibu entered together with a bunch of armed policemen, shouting victoriously.
"We're here!! Where's he?!"
"...gone."
The smoke slowly cleared again and Shinichi stood at the edge, his gaze glued to the white figure slowly dissapearing out of sight.
"I... I lost him."
"Oh damn you KID!!"
The keibu clearly was furious, not only had KID robbed a huge diamond but also slipped again through his fingers. What a great evening for the police... The keibu surely knew, his division wouldn't earn any support from the town cheering down below for KID.

But for KID, the great phantom thief, the night was just as perfect as usual. No wound, not even a scratch, his costume for once not any bit dirty and an expensive diamond in his pocket. Laughing to himself he soon arrived back in his hideout and began to undress.
"I'm so damn glad to finally wear something comfy again..."
The teen took a short breath and stepped out of the painting of his father, Kuroba Toichi, and slumped down on his bed.
"Now... what to do with that jewel..."
He didn't want to throw it away again as usual when he realized this wasn't the gem he had been after. For this kind of treatment these gems really were too important and expensive. He had to give it to somebody but he didn't know any person trustworthy enough to receive such a diamond.

Kaito turned onto his back and took the gem out of his pocket, turning it slightly in the soft light of his ceiling lamp. It sure sparkled a lot and would make most girls faint if they would receive it as present. He couldn't help than to giggle quietly.
"Typical... Ah, I don't know. I can't just go to Nakamori-keibu again, the diamond is too big to send it with a letter. And the risk of visiting personal is too high... Right! Kudo Shinichi! He'll let me pass!"
Kaito had found his person to visit. Why not just paying Shinichi a visit? A bright grin came onto his lips as he thought about it. Shinichis face would be more than priceless to suddenly see Kaitou KID in his own room.
"Oh yes... That will get awesome..."
But for now, Kaito Kuroba was way too tired to go back into action again. This would have time until next evening which came rather fast after school and the usual work and practice he had to do for his magic tricks.

Once Kaito paid his mother an hour of attention to her gross love stories he went past the painting of his father and entered his hideout, dressing fastly until he was just again the famous phantom thief Kaitou KID. For the finishing touches he turned himself to look at his reflection inside the huge mirror and nodded as last attempt in satisfaction. The diamond in his pocket, he climbed out of the window and rushed off over the roofs.
As soon as he arrived, he stepped into a corner of Shinichi's room. Usual for him, he just broke in through the window. The Kudo mansion surely was everything but well secured; it was more than easy to just walk in. But as finally the door opened and a tired Shinichi shambled inside, KID began with his usual show.

"Greetings, Meitantei~"
Shinichi froze this instant and spun around to the corner where Kaito stood, body language unmistakingly relaxed as if this would be his own room. What on earth was KID doing in here?! How could he dare to enter a detective's house! Shinichi backed away and stared alarmed at him, a silence filling the room until he decided to break it.
"What do you want, KID?"