13- hook, line and sinker

"Sir, the battle enhancing drugs are ready to be sold today, we have an estimated twenty criminals wanting some," a Team Rocket grunt looked pleased with himself, Giovanni nodded, a massive smirk of pure malice plastered on his face.

"Good, if anyone interferes, kill them on sight."

"But sir, your son has been spotted in Vermillion City, he is staying at the local Pokémon Center. What if he interferes?" Giovanni's eye's burned holes into the grunts body, his smirk now gone, replaced with a small frown.

"Don't call that retard my son! If he interferes, capture him, I want to make sure he disappears from this world." A cruel laugh left his lips, his beady black eyes showed the craziness that he was in. Team Rocket knew he loved his craziness, after all craziness is good for business. The grunt nodded and left, he didn't want to be facing the power of his Pokémon.

Some time- VermillionCity

Ash walked down the streets with his brown hair friend, he tripped several times a minute, over small pebbles in the foot path, he fiddled with his fingers as he walked, like he usually does. Verity, however was watching he raven haired boy, since his encounter with the 'charming' Gary, he had stayed in his room for two days, blinds closed, door locked, the works. The only time he got out of his domain was when he was hungry or thirsty.

After that stage of depression, he walked out of his room, a tired smirk on his face, and acted like nothing happened at all. She was sure that that was unhealthy, but whatever worked for him, after all, he did have his Pokémon. When he left his room his amber eyes still sparkled, just a little less than before. 

Right now, his first Pokémon and best friend, Pikachu rested on top of his head as they walked. His other four Pokémon were in their respective Pokéball's, they were ready if their was a battle, or if someone so much as pushed the boy with Aspergers. 

Verity knew that the Vermillion Gym would open tomorrow, hopefully Ash could get his fourth Gym Badge from the leader of the Gym. The girl's mother was a famous battler, and in being so, Verity's mother put a lot of pressure to become better than her. So as soon as she got Piplup, she left on the next plane out of Sinnoh, leaving the pressure of her mother. Her father was a whole different story, she never knew him, he left when she was born, her mother said that he fleet the hostipal to get diapers, he never returned to the hospital.

From the short time Verity had known the raven haired trainer, he never talked about his family, she knew that something wasn't right, he tripped at least once a minute, he fidgeted with his fingers way to often, he wasn't a social person, why. She may never know, but he would tell her in his own time, or maybe he won't, she wouldn't pry.

Her raven haired friend stopped, head truned towards a alleyway, his eyes narrowed at the sight of an half opened garage door. He started to walk towards it, Verity's jaw dropped as he walked in the dark alley. Rule one, never ever walk into an alleyway, no matter what is in there. That's what her mother told her, the woman's reason was muggers or death.

"Ash, what the hell are you doing?" She whispered-screamed at the boy, his reply was a shrug of his shoulders, as he entered the darkness that sent shivers at the girl by just the sight of them. The boy, grabbed a small flashlight from his pocket, it was sliver with red strips, it was the size of a pencil. But somehow it had a lot of reach in it, as the white light made it to the end of alleys brick wall.

He moved the light into the garage, he saw no threat in the small compartment in the alley, but he did see bags of drugs, not cocaine, but to enhance the strength of a Pokémon, but it was as legal as cocaine. Ash saw at least a million dollars worth here, all warped up so the contents don't fall onto the dirty ground. 

He grabbed a small black camera, it was roughly the size of his hand, Ash took several pictures of the stash, planning to report it to the police. He mostly used the camera that was he found in his bag to take photos of Pokémon or views he found of interest, but this would be another helpful use for it. After the pictures were taken, the boy ran towards the police station, where he would give the evidence. He didn't stop to answer his friends questions. 

He made it to the station and gave th evidence, where the police immediately took action. The chief of the department sent out at least half of the station to the location. Lucky ash found the drugs when he did, because when the police returned, they brought ten criminals dresssed in black clad with a red 'R'. The chief of department told them to return to what they were doing, all Verity could say to Ash was "How did ou know something was going down?" A looked of amusement came onto the boy's face.

"If trouble doesn't find me, I often find trouble," after he said those words, he walk towards the forest, ready to train for what lays ahead for tomorrow.