2- the first real battle

Ash just entered Viridian forest, after healing both his Pokémon in Viridian city, he doesn't have a backpack yet, not to mention money, so he only carried his pokeballs on his belt. He was on his way to Pewter city, to the gym and hopefully to get his first gym badge. The forest was thick with green trees and grass, bug Pokémon were enjoying themselves. He spotted a Caterpie, on a tree bench, enjoying itself, eating the leaves and flora in the tree.

He sent out spearrow, it did a loopy-loop, amd shrieked scaring away the bug Pokémon, but the worm Pokémon stood it's ground, using string shot, it hit Spearrow, but the tiny bird Pokémon ripped the string off its wings. "Use peck." Ash shouted, he could speak normally to Pokémon, but people he couldn't, his voice would quivered if it got to loud near a person, so he whispered, that wasn't good for a battle, he needs a system.

The bird Pokémon hit the worm in the head, taking away its health, but the Caterpie got up, ready for more, it had guts. Exactly what Ash wanted in a Pokémon, he turned his hat and grabbed a pokeball, the circular red and white orb felt natural in his hands. "Go pokeball." Ash yelled, ready to catch his third Pokémon.

The worm Pokémon got sucked in and fought for a full minute, trying to refuse its fate, but in the end it got caught. Ash retrieved the pokeball and whispered "I hope we can be great friends." The pokeball wobbled, like it was saying sure. Ash returned Spearrow, congratulationing the Pokemon for its efforts.

Ash continued through the forest, Pikachu pointing out Pokémon and looked at them, his cheeks sparking, like he was saying can I battle that one, please. Ash luaghed "When we get to the gym, then we'll battle some wild Pokémon." He continued to walk, the bug Pokémon saw no more threat in the young boy and his Pokémon.

It was nearing night, Ash knew he wouldn't be able to make it to Pewter city, he took a seat on the grass, using it as a temporary mattress. He released his Pokémon, he knelt to their eye level. "Guys, we need a system. I'll freeze up in a Pokémon battle against other people. What do you think we should use to make it easy for all of us."

Spearrow was the first one, shrieking and clapping his hands together. The others nodded their heads. "Hand singles, okay guys. That'll work." So they started to make a pattern, using sounds to use moves and what to do in a specific situations. Afte that they went to sleep, readying themselves for a battle against any trainer.

They woke up to the sound of Spearrows shrieking, Ash let them stay out of their pokeballs until they reach Pewter city, he returned then and headed to the Pokémon Center. After they got healed he headed to the a battlefield. "Hey, you. Let's battle." A boy with orange hair and was a little bit chubby challenged.

Ash sent in his Spearrow, while the boy sent in a Pidgey. "Pidegy use gust." Ash slammed his hands together and Spearrow dodged, he clicked his fingers and Spearrow use Peck, taking away Pidgey's health. "Use quick attack." The Tinto bird charged at Spearrow and Ash slamed his hands to his knees, Spearrow used airel ace, and Pidgey was knocked out.The chubby boy returned his Pokémon and waved goodbye, Ash knew that this wouldn't be their last encounter.