Chapter 5

"Ms. Diaz someone by the name of Aaron West is here to see you, should I let him up." Derek the lobby man said.
"Yes please, thank you Derek." I replied.

Minutes later Aaron walked into my office. I got up from my seat and ran into his arms. I haven't seen him in almost a month. He's been away on business.

"I missed you babe." I said into his neck.
"I missed you too. Can I come over tonight?" he asked and I felt bad.
"I won't be there my family is having a dinner and you know they don't like you." He looked sad.

I never understood why my they didn't like him. They said he wasn't trustworthy but he is and I trust him with my life.

Aaron and I were currently sitting on the couch in my office catching up. That was until we were interrupted.

"Ms. Diaz why aren't you working." Mr Mariano walked into my office.
"I'm sorry sir, I will get back on it right now." I said and he left my office.
"You have to go babe I need to get back to work I'll make it up to you I promise." I kissed him.
"Okay I will see you when I see you." He walked out upset.

I felt bad that my family didn't like him. I've tried for three years to get them to like him but the just wouldn't budge. I think it's because I'm the only child that their more possessive. But I think Aaron is actually an amazing guy and he hasn't hurt me ever so I trust him.
...................
I just finished all of my paper work and it was time for me to get over to my parents house. I was heading to the elevator when I saw Mr Mariano still in his office.

I knocked on his door and heard a faint come in.

"Goodnight sir." I said and saw he still had a couple more files to go through.
"Goodnight Ms.Diaz." He replied tiredly. I wanted to help him out.
"Do you need any help sir."
"No it's okay you probably have somewhere to be." He said.
"I don't mind sir." I sat down and began to work.

About 20 minutes later we were done and getting onto the elevator. I was walking to my car when I saw I had a flat tire.

"Fuck," I said out loud. I guess Mr Mariano saw because what he did next shook me.
"Do you need a ride?" He asked.
"You don't have to, where I'm going would take a while."
"It's not a problem get in." I got in the car and have him the address.

We pulled up to my parents house right when my mom and dad opened the door.

"Thanks for the ride." I got out and walked to the door."
"Who's your friend." My dad asked when I got to the door.
"He's not my friend that's my boss, Giovanni Mariano. Next thing I know my dad is jogging to the car.

My dad is actually in good shape he's only 38.
My mom and dad had me when they were 15 and have been together ever since.

"Mom what is dad doing?" I asked curiously.
"Your dad and your bosses uncle the one who started Mariano Enterprises use to be good friends until he passed away and he met Giovanni before when he was younger." She explained.
"Oh." I said watching dad and Mr Mariano got out of the car and they were walking towards us.
"Guess who's staying for dinner." Dad said.
"Great," I mumbled under my breath so no one could hear but I'm pretty sure Mr. Mariano heard because he scowled at me.

I knew this was going to be a long embarrassing night. I mentally slapped myself for not just calling an Uber.
**********
I will update again tomorrow. Share the story with your friends and vote. See you later. Peace✌🏽