I Will Be There

I have traveled from Mississippi to Alabama to see Black Veil Brides tonight. I got on a Greyhound bus by myself and left last night. I'm not going back until tomorrow. This is my first time going out of state by myself, but I'm pretty confident everything will go alright.

Right now, I'm standing in line, waiting for the VIP doors to open. I put a lot on the line to meet them, so I'm glad the time is finally here. In a matter of minutes, I will be face-to-face with my idols. Words cannot express my excitement. I smile as the doors open, and my ticket is scanned. I'm towards the front, so I get to be one of the first people to meet them. I follow the other fans inside, staying in line as we were instructed. The first girl nearly breaks down crying when she sees them. There are no hugs allowed, but we are allowed to shake their hands. My heart flutters a little when I see Ashley smile. His smile has always had that power with me like no one else. This is the first time I actually get to see that smile in person, though.

When I walk up to the guys and go down the line, I shake their hands and introduce myself. There isn't much time for conversation, so I just thank them for the impact that they have had on my life and stand between Andy and Ashley.

"Enjoy the show, (Y/N)," I hear Ashley say as I'm ushered away by security. I thank him and go out to the merch table. I buy a t-shirt with the tour dates on the back. I talk to some other fans and such, and then I stand by the doors to the floor, waiting to get in so I can get as close to the front as possible.

Every single one of the bands that played killed it. The energy was unbeatable and tonight was definitely a night I'll never forget. I decide to stick around for a little while after the show to buy some food from the vending machines and to rest my legs on a bench outside. When the venue is almost scarce, I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket. It's from my dad. 

"Hello?" I answer.

"(Y/N), you need to get back here as soon as you can," he says worriedly. 

"My bus doesn't leave until tomorrow morning. What's going on?" I ask. 

"Your mother," he starts, his voice is cracking. "She had a heart attack. The doctors don't think she's going to make it."

I don't even listen after that. I just hang up the phone in disbelief. My mother can't be dead! She's so young. What am I gonna do without her? My mom is my rock and my best friend. I'm not ready for her to be gone! I place my phone back in my pocket and run my hands through my hair. I can feel hot tears streaming down my face effortlessly. A night that was supposed to be magical and perfect now feels like the beginning of the worst time of my life. I'm scared. I hear someone sit down next to me, but I don't look up to see who. I feel them place a hand on my back and I flinch slightly. I snap my head up to see Ashley sitting next to me. 

"Hey, what's wrong? Are you okay?" he asks with concern.

"My mom is dying," I say simply. It's all I can get out without breaking down again. Ashley wraps his arms around me in a hug and I just accept it. He holds me there until I stop crying, just being here with me. His presence makes me feel a little bit better. I feel like it's a bit of a shame that he barely knows who I am and now he's seeing me like this, but then I remember his parents died, too. He knows what it's like. When I let go of him and lift my head up, it looks like he's been crying, too. 

"I know how you feel," he says. "Everything will be okay, I promise."

"Thanks," I choke.

"Of course."

We sit and talk for a short time after that. Before he gets up and leaves, I thank him. And I stay at the venue until the buses drive away. He's right. I will be okay. I will learn to pick up the pieces and continue to live. I will be happy. Things will never be the same, but change is part of life. 

This too shall pass. 

A/N

Hey! This was mostly written before my hiatus, but I just finished it up so it could be published for you guys. I am getting to my requests next. Hope you enjoy!