New Beginning

Ashley and I have been in a long-distance relationship ever since we met in a club. I was in Nashville on vacation with my daughter. I decided to hire a babysitter and go out on the town that night. I met Ashley trying to flirt with some girl, but he turned around after she turned him down and spilled his drink all over me. I just laughed and told him it would be okay as long as he told me his name. We ended up hanging out that night and I got his number. We met up again before I left, but we've been video-chatting ever since then.

Now, I'm moving down to Nashville to live with him after a long year of being apart. Of course, I went to a local show to see him play, but it made me miss him even more after he left. My daughter, Josie, who is now seven, is also excited to see him. She's been mailing him pictures that she's colored for the past few months. She wanted to send another one before we left, but I told her we'd have something better: giving it to him in person.

"Josie, we need to get going! It's a long drive from here to Ashley's house!" I call to my daughter, who is singing softly to herself in my empty room. Everything is in the van, ready to go. I hear little footsteps coming to me. "Get your shoes on, sweetie." She slips her little sandals on and beats me out of the door, eager to get into her car seat. I'm letting her borrow my tablet for the road, just so she has something to keep herself entertained.

"Mommy, can we listen to Ashley's music?" she asks me while I buckle her in.

"Of course," I smile. She's been jamming out to the new album for the past few weeks. It's always playing in our car. I shut her door and get in the driver's seat. I set the GPS to go straight to his house. It's a 4 hour drive, so we'll probably be there by six. I start the car, and Black Veil Brides immediately begins to play. We wave goodbye to our old apartment.

4 hours later

Josie is sleeping in the backseat when we pull into Ashley's driveway. I am careful not to wake her up with my excitement. I quietly get out of the car, and I see Ashley come out of the house.

"Hey (Y/N)! You made it!" he says happily, hugging me. He lifts me off the ground and spins me around. I giggle happily and kiss his cheek.

"I missed you so much," I tell him.

"I've missed you, too," he says, tightening the grip on his hug. We slowly let go of each other. "Let me help you with your stuff."

"Thank you. Should we wake up Josie or should we wait?"

"I'll carry her up to her new room," he suggests, smiling. I nod at the great idea. He quietly opens the door and unbuckles her from her car seat. He carries her softly into the house. I open the trunk and begin unloading everything. I've never actually been to his house, so I have no idea what to expect. He's sent me pictures, but that's about it. He was especially excited about redecorating Josie's room.

I see him come out and join me with the unloading process.

"Is she still sleeping?" I ask.

"Sweet and sound," he assures me. He grabs a couple boxes and I follow him into the house, carrying a few as well. As soon as we step in the house, I gasp at the beauty.

"It's so awesome in person, baby!" I exclaim.

"I'm glad you like it," he smiles. "I've got something you'll like even better." He takes my hand and leads me through the house. He stops at a closed door. He opens it dramatically and we walk inside.

"Ash!" I gasp. In his bedroom are sunflowers everywhere. He knows those are my favorite. He makes them blend in with the room so nicely.

"I'm not done yet," he laughs. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small box, and hands it to me. It's got a beautiful yellow ribbon on it. I carefully undo the ribbon and open the box. Inside is a beautiful necklace with both of our birthstones in little heart shapes, connected. It's attached to a rose gold chain.

"It's beautiful, babe," I whisper. He helps me put it on, and I hold the hearts in my hand.

"Welcome home," he says softly, kissing my forehead.

A/N

I decided to end the whole commissions idea. I'll be back to taking regular requests. However, I will not have easy access to a computer for a while, so everything will be done on my phone. It will, therefore, take a lot longer for me to get everything set up and wrote. I might need extra time on the longer ones, just because of my patience (or lack thereof).

Thank you for 1k while I was gone!