Drunk In Love

It's New Year's Eve, and there's a party going on at my house. All of my friends are here, and I'm the only sober one here so far. I've always been one to drink on New Year's, but I can't this year. I was put in the hospital from alcohol poisoning, so the idea of another drink has never sounded appealing since. I was happy to supply it for tonight, though. 

I've been the merch girl for Asking Alexandria for about a year now, so I've gotten to know the band very well. I also became friends with some of their favorite touring brothers in Black Veil Brides. They're all here tonight as well as some of my friends that I went to high school with. I've taken it upon myself to watch Fae and Fynn, Ben and Ciara Bruce's kids. However, it's about 11:30, so they're already asleep in my spare bedroom. Everyone seems to have a designated driver in their group, I think. I haven't double checked, though. There is one person I'm that I'm not sure has a safe ride home, and he's also the one who's been drinking the most. 

Ashley Purdy. 

Speaking of him, I haven't seen him in a half an hour. He's been pretty loud all night, but I don't hear his voice. I decide to go look for him. 

"You sure you don't want to drink anything, Georgia? The kids are asleep," I hear Danny ask, holding up a beer for me.

"No thanks. I'm trying to find Ashley, have you seen him?" I reply. 

"I saw him a little while ago. He was lying in your yard. When I asked him what he was doing, he told me he was looking at the stars. Haven't seen him since," he chuckles. I sigh and thank him. I go look out my front window to see him sleeping in my yard. He's definitely passed out. 

"Ashley," I open the door and shout out to him. He barely budges. "Ash." I go outside and kneel beside him, trying to shake him awake. 

"Heeeeeeeey Georgia!" he says gleefully. "Ain't it pretty out tonight?" Ashley points up at the stars. 

"Gorgeous," I say flatly. "Come on, the ball's going to drop soon. You don't want to miss it, do you?"

"Look at you, you're prettier than all of these stars," he continues to talk about the sky. "Stay out here with me," he whines. 

"Please come inside. I'm worried about you," I say.

"Okay, I'll go in and have another drink," he agrees.

"That's not what I meant," I grunt, but he's already gone inside the house. Does he have a ride home?  I worry. "Ashley!" I call back inside, running through the house to get to the kitchen. Ash already has a drink in his hand. He smiles when he sees me. 

"You know, you're cute when you're worried. You're cute anyways, Georgia," he giggles. "I love you." 

"You've had too much to drink. Now you're just talking nonsense," I tell him. 

"I mean it!" he defends himself. 

"Do you have a ride home?" I ask, irritated. 

"Not unless you want me to drive drunk," he shrugs. 

"No way in hell are you driving tonight, Purdy," I tell him clearly. "I'll drive you home after the ball drops." I'm sure Andy and Juliet would be willing to help me clean up when I get back, since they've vowed a life of sobriety from now on. Everyone else looks too tired or drunk to really want to stay. 

"We're gonna head for home, Georgia. It was a nice party, like always," Ciara says, holding a sleeping Fae in her arms. 

"Thanks for coming!" I say, turning away from Ashley. "I'll watch them anytime for you," I wink. Ben waves goodbye to me and joins his wife in going to their car. The ball is just about to drop. We have five minutes left. I'm not tired at all, really. My job requires late nights, so that's what I'm used to.