Chapter 8: Confesions

Stephanie's P.O.V

We left the house and got in his car, we went to the movies and watched Carrie, it was kind of lame but hey I still had fun. We went to gamestop afterwards and checked some games and lastly we went to the library, my choice by the way.

"I never knew you liked reading." Aleks said grabbing a book from the fiction bookshelf. I was sitting on the floor with a book named City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I looked up at him.

"I've always loved reading books, especially fantasy..." I smiled bringing back memories of me, Jose and Alex going to the library when we we're little. We would stay in there for a while and read and whisper at each other sharing giggles from time to time.

"You seem very happy." He said sitting next to me.

"I was just remembering a simpler time with some friends." I smiled at him softly.

"Mhm I see." He said humming a tune. "Bet they're special to you."

"Yeah, I grew up with those friends but I don't think you would want me to blabber about them..." I asked settling the book on my lap.

"Come on Steph, I want to get to know you." He said, grinning.

"Hehe, well for starters one of them happens to be my cousin while the other is just a friend, they're names are Jose and Alex. We used to hang out a lot, still do by the way. We would always go to the library and some time we would go to the arcade if we had quarters for the machines and other times we would just hang out in our tree house playing Pokemon, we would have so much fun."

"You sound like you still do."

"We do it's just..." I sighed.

"It's just what?"

"Hormones..."

He just looked at me bluntly like I just said something that made him think stupidly.

"Hormones?" He said.

"Yeah, love can be a bitch sometimes."

"Oh I see, let me guess and you love that friend also." He said curiously.

"Yeah but, I just don't want to ruin our friendship. We get along so well, I don't want to ruin what we have just because I'm afraid I'll mess up."

"Mess up, why?" He asked.

"Well I usually screw up in most relationships, people just can't stand me sometimes."

"Well that's because you need someone who can Steph." He said placing a hand on my lap.

"What about you?" I asked.

"What about me?"

"Well you like Nina, why don't you tell her?" I smiled at him.

"It's complicated." He lowered his head. "I want her to be happy and she likes Kevin, if she's happy with Kevin then I'm happy." He raised his head towards me and gave off a fake smile. "Well at least for her."

"Aleks." I grabbed his hand. "You should tell her, this is Nina we're talking about she'll understand your feelings."

"No, she won't return them..." He said lowering his head. "Besides I think Kevin likes her too and I really don't want to bud in."

"Oh come on." I said shoving him by the shoulders.

"Oh alright, only if you tell your little friend Alex that you like him back."

"Hehe okay, okay." I got up helping Aleks on to his feet too.

"By the way, sorry for kissing you it was a moment of weakness." He said blushing.

"No problem." I chuckled giving him light punch in the shoulder. "Let's go, it's already getting late."

It was already 10 pm when we got to the house. We entered the house followed by whispers and giggles, it was dark so looks like everyone was outside hanging out or doing unmentionable things in the privacy of there rooms.

" Let's go to my room, I have a few new games you might be interested in." He suggested.

"Pfft sure." I followed.

Just as we were going to Aleks room to play some video games we heard sobbing coming from one of the rooms, Nina?

Aleks looked at me concerned and followed the sounds of crying.

He opened the door to reveal Nina crying her eyes out onto a stuffed animal.

"Nina, what's wrong?" I asked.

She looked up at me with red teary eyes.

"A-Aleks S-Steph?" She wiped away a few tears. "I'm sorry, I didn't think I was making to much noise."

"Nina, what happened?" Aleks asked sitting next to her in the bed.

"Kevin rejected me..." She said calmly.

"What, why?" I asked surprised, I thought Kevin had an interest her, Aleks said so himself back at the book store.

"Well he said that he only thought of me as a friend and that ha already has eyes for another girl." She looked so distraught.

"Who?" I couldn't help but ask.

"I don't know...and I don't think I really care anymore." She said softly.

"Ugh I'm going to go talk to him, Aleks you stay here and talk to Nina."

"But-"

"No buts!" I cut him off, I headed of into the hallway. Sometime alone for them will probably do good for Aleks.

As I walked into the guest room I saw Kevin there lying on his bed, I was about to let out a horrific yell at him until I noticed he was...crying?

"Kevin?" I asked in the most quietest tone.

He looked up at my direction and wiped away his tears immediately.

"Oh hey Steph, what's up?" He asked as if nothing happened.

"Were you crying?"

"Uh yeah, but don't worry about it." He sat up from the bed. "It's nothing really." He didn't look at me directly.

"Uh...listen about Nina-"

"Yeah I know, you must think I'm horrible but hey it's better then to let someone down then lead them on. She would've been hurt if I let her stick around and I don't think it's something I want to put her through, plus I have feeling for someone else, it wouldn't be fair for the boat of us."

"I don't think you're bad, but couldn't you at least tell her who you like so she could get some closure."

He looked at me and gave me a soft yet sad smile.

"I can't..."

"You can't or you won't."

"I can't because that person is her friend and if I tell her she'll probably go insane." He said deeply. "Plus I can't even be with that person because she might like someone else too."

"Wait wait...is it Shyla?!" I asked surprised.

"NO, no it's not Shyla."

"Then who is it?" I asked crossing my arms.

"You Steph, I have feelings for you..." He looked directly at me.