Chapter Twenty-Four

• Dedicated to Every one of my fans :D

Hermione sat on the uncomfortable, dull and depressing St. Mungo’s hospital chairs. She hadn’t bothered to tie her hair when she heard the news so it flailed around her shoulders looking as though she hadn’t brushed it at all – which she hadn’t. Forgive her for being worried out of her mind. Her eyes were red and her nose was blotchy. She was thankful that she wasn’t wearing mascara or any make up because it would be streaking down her face. She managed to change into some casual clothes but knew that they didn’t match. Her shirt was purple and oddly buttoned up, her trousers were black and her shoes were something she had found in her closet. She wore a travelling coat on top which helped her appearance a little. Hermione held her face in her hands and peeked through the gaps to the Weasley’s who sat opposite her since they couldn’t bear the thought that it was Hermione who was at fault.

Most of the others that were waiting for news sat away from Hermione, giving her looks that made her want to shrink into the ground like dirt. Harry and Ginny were sat together, hands clasped in each others and Harry tried to calm her down. Ginny, however, was staring at Hermione as though she were muck. Hermione had never experienced seeing so much hatred on Ginny’s face... it made it worse that the hatred was directed towards her. Harry didn’t bother to care about Hermione at that moment but she didn’t blame him. He was worried about Ginny and that was understandable. Hermione knew she deserved no sympathy.

Mrs Weasley was bawling into her hanker chief as Mr Weasley seemed to be in shock, patting her arms as though a robot had taken over his body. Bill and Fleur were sitting in one corner, talking quietly. Bill kept glancing at Hermione every so often with eyes that showed hatred even though he hardly knew Hermione. Charlie made the excuse to get coffee although he left with tears streaking down his face. Percy was the only one sitting alone in the room. He hadn’t moved or said a word to anyone since he came in. Hermione looked down at her lap and felt the tears silently drop.

This was all her fault and everyone was accusing her. Hermione thought she deserved it.

---

*Flashback – Harry’s POV*

‘I’ll kill her!’ Ginny shouted out, jamming the paper in her jeans and she started to tug on her shirt.

Harry, feeling as though someone had dropped a huge weight on top of his head, got out of bed and started to dress. He watched Ginny cautiously. She looked like she really could murder Hermione. If this were a cartoon, steam would be hurling out of her nose and her ears. Her eyes were showing nothing other than pure anger and boiling rage. She buttoned her shirt, tugged on her shoes and started to tie the laces but her hands were too shaky. She swore out loud, the first time Harry had heard her swear, and tied the laces with her wand. Harry, finally dressed, walked up behind her. He covered her hands with his as she grabbed her handbag.

‘Please, Ginny, don’t hurt her,’pleaded Harry and Ginny turned around, the anger magnified as she looked at him, ‘she’s been through too much and-’

‘Why are you sticking up for HER?!’ she pushed Harry’s chest quite hard, ‘if you’d rather stay with her then you might want this stupid ring back! She deserves this and I know that you’ll stop me even if I touch her! Sometimes I wonder if you love her instead of me and-’

‘I love you, Ginny! Only you! I stick up for her because she’s my best friend. You’re right! I love her... as a friend! I need to be there for her. You’re too blind right now to know what is right and what is wrong, Ginny, so I won’t let you touch her! Even if it kills my engagement!’ Harry shouted, his anger was growing as Ginny stared at him accusingly. They stared at each other, wondering the same thing. How far would the other go before it affected their relationship?