Devin's Decision

(I'm now back to Seth's point of view along with Devin's which will be later on in this chapter. Enjoy.)

I ran as fast as I could towards the school. My legs screamed and my whole body hurt. Blood kept seeping from the cuts I received but I ignored it. Never had I been in such pain before except when I was younger. And even then I never got this beat up. My vision was starting to blur and my body was shutting down. I had already lost too much blood. I began to slow down and lose balance. I put my hands on the wall next to me and steadied myself. I dropped my bag onto the ground and looked to see the school in front of me. I was about to pass out but not before seeing someone walk out of the school and look at me. Who was it? I couldn't tell before passing out and falling onto the ground.

When I opened my eyes, I was in an unfamiliar room. Everything in the room was white except for the flowers next to the bed and glass of water. I saw cabinets filled with different medicine and drugs. I tried to sit up but pain shot through my body, making me lay back down. I looked at the cuts I had received and noticed that they were bandaged and had stopped bleeding. Just then, I heard the door open and looked to see Ashley staring at me, smiling.

Ashley:Thank goodness you're awake. I was worried.

Me:Where is this?

Ashley:They school infirmary. I brought you here after you collapsed outside. You were bleeding so much and your wounds were really deep. I'm amazed you didn't die.

Me:I see. Thank you.

Ashley smiled at me. She grabbed the water and handed it to me. I sat up and took a few sips before looking at the bandages. I wasn't able to beat him. Devin was stronger than me. I was lost in thought until Ashley put her hand on my shoulder, making turn to face her.

Ashley:Is something wrong?

Me:No. Everything is fine.

I said it as if I was trying to reassure myself along with Ashely. I was trying to fool myself but I knew the truth. Devin was back and he was going to try to kill Ashley. I have to protect her no matter what.

(Now onto Devin's point of view. Setting: At Gridlock in Harry's office.)

I watched as Harry yelled at the guards to track Seth and find out where he was. I had told him Seth was with Ashley but nothing more. He began yelling right after so I didn't get a chance to tell him where they were. After the guards left, he sighed and sat back in his chair.

Harry:That boy is going to pay for this.

Me:If those guards find him, they're going to die.

Harry:A few deaths mean nothing. Seth is all that matters right now.

Those words. I remember hearing them before. But that was when Harry actually cared for him.

(Flashback)

I was only 7. I had just finished breaking my record for how fast I could defeat the robots when one of the guards came in and told me that Harry was looking for me. I went to the lounge to see Harry talking to a guard, a small, fragile looking boy next to him. He was covered in dirt and his hair was in knots and a bit too long. His clothes were torn in various places and he was very skinny.When Harry saw me, he told the guard to leave and smiled at me.

Harry:There you are Devin. I have someone for you to meet.

Me:Who?

Harry:This young fellow here.

He put his hand on the young Seth's back and pushed him towards me. He seemed scared of me and looked as if he was about to cry. I smiled as warmly as I could and held out my hand.

Me:Nice to meet you... umm...

Harry:His name his Seth.

Me:Seth? Cool name.

Seth just stood there without taking my hand or even speaking.

Me:You're not very enthusiastic about meeting other people are you? Can you even speak?

Harry:He's just a bit shaken up.

Me:Why? Where'd you find him?

Harry:In an alleyway. His family died in a fire.

Me:I see. Well you're going to live here from now on Seth so get used to me being your new family.

Harry:He's going to look after you Seth.

Seth looked at me with his lifeless brown eyes. I could see that he was hurting and I couldn't help but pity him. I outstretched my arms and put them around Seth and hugged him. I could feel his heartbeat speed up. He slowly moved his arms and put them around my waist as he began to cry. Harry just looked at us with a smile and bent down to my ear, whispering to where only I could hear him.

Harry:I want to to take care of him and train him. Right now, Seth is all that matters.

(End of Flashback)

A few days after that, he was smiling and was happy all the time. He was with me wherever I went. We were inseparable. I then taught him to turn off his emotions. He was then an emotionless being, unable to feel anything. His first kill was just a lowly criminal who was wanted by the police for the rape and murder of at least 17 women. Seth used a gun for his first kill while the guy only had a small knife. Guess he never heard the saying 'never bring a knife to a gun fight'. He killed him as quickly as he saw him, his expression never changing. I then was told Seth was going to have to train on his own since I was being sent to a different Gridlock far away. When it was time for me to leave, I hugged Seth goodbye but it felt different from the first time. His heartbeat stayed the same and he didn't hug me back or cry. He just stood there. Now his emotions are resurfacing. I wonder what he would do if I hugged him now. I was shocked out of my thinking when Harry slammed his fists onto his desk, a few items falling over.

Harry:I knew I was going to regret finding that little brat! Devin! I want you to find him and kill him!

I just nodded and walked out of his office. I was planning on finding him but I wasn't going to kill him. I've made my decision. I'm going to help Seth.