Chapter 11

Ariana’s POV

“Which bathing suit?” I ask Cher and Selena.

“Um, red.” says Selena.

“Nooo, I like the green,” Cher replies.

Soon they’re in a full blown argument about which one compliments my skin tone better.

“You guys do know I only brought you here to help, so far you’re not doing so well,” I say while running my hand through my hair before putting it up in a messy bun.

“Why are you so stressed out about this anyways, Ariana? You already have a ton of bathing suits at home.” Cher says.

“It’s not the bathing suit she’s worried about.” Selena nudges Cher with her elbow.

“Oh my gosh,” I mumble under my breath and start to feel the heat rising to my cheeks.

“I seriously can’t believe Harry bought you that ticket though.” Selena says in utter disbelief.

“I can’t either,” I pause for a minute just thinking about him. “I’m so lucky to have him.”

“Got that right.” Cher, I think, mumbles, but I’m too busy reading the new text Harry just sent me.

*im so stressed right now, i just can't decide what to wear.* I can imagine him grinning while he sends it.

*me too, sexy or sweet?*

*both.* this makes me laugh, I can feel Cher and Selena staring at me, but it’s like I’m in a different place with him.

a minute later he texts me,

*polka dot or plaid?*

*definitely plaid.*

….

Harry’s POV

On my drive home from the store where I bought my new plaid shirts, even though I have a lot at home, I pick up Jason from his sleepover.

“How was your day little man?”

“It was good, Cameron and I caught a frog.” he replies proudly.

“Really? How big?” and he shows me with his hands, about 4 inches long. “I thought you were scared of frogs.”

“Not anymore,” Jason states, “I’m grown up now.”

“Oh are you?” I ask looking into the rearview mirror so I can see his face.

“Yeah, I am 7, you know.” wow, he did grow up fast.

“Speaking of, your birthday is next month, what do you want to do?” I ask him.

“I want to see mommy.” luckily we’re in the driveway of our house when he says this, or else I probably would’ve swerved or something.

“Uhm, Jason I’ve told you, we can’t…”

“Yeah, I know, I just,” he shrugs, “you asked me what I wanted so I told you.”

“I miss her.” he adds after a minute of silence.

“Yeah, I know,” I whisper, barely audible. “I miss her, too.”

He unbuckles and walks into the house.

….

Ariana’s POV

On the way home from the mall, my mom calls.

“Hello mother,” I say in a sing song voice.

“Well someone’s in a good mood, I see?”

“Well, I mean, come on, Joan. I’m going to Disneyland with my boyfriend in a week, I’m a model on magazines, and, not to brag, but I’ve got a pretty awesome mom.”

“How much money do you need?” my mom jokes. We share a good laugh for a minute until I speak up.

“What did you call for though?”

“I just wanted to know if you were on your way home yet. I need coffee.”

“I’ll be home in 10.” I say, completely understanding what she means. I could go for an ice coffee right about now.

….

My mom sings along to the radio, some song I don’t know, while I order.

Then we pull up to the next window, we’re in the drive-thru since my mom didn’t want to change. I look over and she’s in big sweats and a loose tshirt.

“Loving the outfit, bro,” I say sarcastically.

“I know right, I’m so hip.” this earns a laugh from me.

“Oh my god, mom. Please don’t ever say that again.”

“Why? You don’t think your hot mama’s hip?” I just shake my head and pay the total.

On the drive home my mom asks me how my shopping with Cher and Selena went.

“Yeah it was fine, they were arguing over which bathing suit goes better with my skin tone” I say while I sip my iced coffee.

"I hope it isn't too revealing, that bathing suit," she says while gently nudging my arm.

“Really mom, I'm not that young and hey watch it! I'm driving!” I playfully say.

“I know, but I don't really want grandchildren right now, you know?” she says with the biggest smirk on her face, like, ever.

Thankfully Harry texts me right when we pull up to the house so I put the car in park, take the keys out of the ignition. My mom gets out the car and heads to the door with a knowing smile on her face. I stay in the car as I read Harry's text.

*Hey Ariana*

*Hey Harry :)*

*just wanted to see what you were doing and say goodnight love :)* he says with a heart emoji.

*well me and my mom just got home from getting some coffee and goodnight to you too babe*

*Babe? lol you know I like it when you call me that love*

I feel my cheeks start to turn red.

*Oh really?* I ask and send a kissy face emoji.

*yes love but hey babe do you want to try something new to this relationship* he says with a smirky face emoji which lets me know he is smirking over the phone.

*depends on what it is babe*

*there you go again with the babe thing again lol it really turns me on love! but anyways I want to try and do something a little you know..freakier to this relationship. you know?*

I am at loss for words because of this question. Should I do it? or should I just turn him down and act like this never happened? Before I can answer my own thoughts I am already typing.

*YES!* I put in all caps but I didnt mean to.

*ooo slow down babe not too pushy lol* he sends with a laughing emoji.

*shut up babe! lets do this* I say and I'm not going to lie, I'm excited.