Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Ariana’s P.O.V.

“Hello? Come back to earth!” I say with a small giggle. He’s so stunning. He’s got a chiseled jaw, pink plump lips, green emerald eyes, and really, really, white teeth. His hair is up in it’s quiff, it’s a chocolate brown, and his tattoos look really good in his Rolling Stones tshirt.

“Harry right?” I ask him, knowing damn well that is name is Harry. I mean, how could I forget? I couldn’t stop thinking about him since the day we met. I wonder if he thinks about me too.

“Yeah,” he smiles, “Ariana, is it?” I find it hard to believe he remembered my name, I mean, he seemed sweet when we first met, but no one really ever remembers me, ya know? People called me “The girl with the red hair,” or “The short, skinny one.”

“Yes, it is.” I reply.

“Can I buy you a drink?” he says. He said it in such a respectful way, not like when boys try to hit on you, he just wants to buy me a drink and talk for a bit.

Add that to the list of why I like him. Wait what? Did I just say that? Do I like him?

“Ariana?”

“Oh yeah, sorry, sure. That’d be lovely.” I say giving him a warm smile.

We sit at the end of the bar on the high stools. This bar is too high, if I might add.

“What would you like?” the bartender is a middle aged women with too much makeup and a raspy voice. She reminds me of the old lady in Monsters Inc., the one that worked at the counter.

“Um, just water please.” she gives me a surprised look and it takes me a minute to register why. I’m at a bar, of course people think it’s gonna be weird I’m getting water.

“Can you actually change that to a Coke please?” I hope that sounds a bit better. Judging by the look Harry’s giving me, it doesn’t sound any better. He’s trying to suppress a grin. I flush and look away.

“I’ll take a beer please.” I watch him as he speaks, with an accent I catch. This one’s British, I know that. I watch him, I watch his lips more than him, but still, him.

The bartender walks away to get our drinks and he looks over at me.

“I only drink when I’m stressed out, don’t worry, I’m not some alcoholic.” his tone gets a little too serious at the end.

“Why are you stressed?” I ask with a frown.

Harry takes a long, and I mean long, sigh before he runs his hand through his hair and looks at me.

“Uhm, let’s say, family problems. That’s much less complicated.”

“I got time?”

“Well, I uh,” he clears his throat, “don’t take this the wrong way, but why? Like, why are you asking me?”

“I don’t know, I just want to be there for someone, I guess.” because I know how it feels when no one was there me.

“Oh, okay. Can we go outside then?”

“Our drinks?”

He starts laughing, I find myself completely dazed in the way his eyes shut tight and his dimple becomes very prominent.

“I’ll pay for those later” he says with a smile still on his face.

….

We walk outside, the people Harry was sitting next to don’t even notice us. He immediately sits on the curb, so I sit next to him.