Chapter 16 - Coming Home

She was asleep next to me, her arms wrapped tightly around my waist, as if she didn't want to let go of me, even in her sleep. That thought made me smile. I traced my finger over her shoulder lightly, constantly touching her, reminding myself that she was really here, sleeping safely beside me. When I was with Cassie it felt like coming home. Her brown curls fell like a river of silk over our bodies.

We had slept for hours, I knew with Jack missing she worried constantly and had woken from nightmares twice in the night.

She stirred and opened her eyes slowly, smiling when she saw me watching her.

"I like it when you sleep next to me, I missed that the most."

"I kind of like it too." She took my hand in hers and kissed it.

"Cassie, there's something I've been meaning to ask you." She raised her eyebrows in question.

"I know that things haven't gone exactly as planned between us, but-."

We both jumped at the sound of my phone ringing. I groaned and reached for it.

"It's Geoff." I told Cassie, looking at the caller ID. She nodded, kissed me on the cheek and went into the bathroom to get dressed.

I quickly washed and dressed, not giving myself time to think about what had happened between me and Logan. I promised myself I would come to that problem when we had Jack back safe with us.

"Is Geoff okay?" I asked Logan after coming out of the bathroom.

"Fine, he's just worried about you."

"Do you really think this George is somewhere here?"

"I hope so, well find him Cassie, don't doubt that."

"I know." I nodded at him.

"Let me just get dressed and we'll leave." He drew me into his arms and kissed me hard, once on my mouth. I wanted more but it wasn't the time.

"It will all be okay. After today we'll have Jack safe and George hopefully gone from our lives."

Somehow I didn't think it would be that easy.