Chapter 10

She put that bottle to her head~

You sighed sitting on top of the pitiful building the autobots here called a base. You were promptly labeled "The Femme Ratchet" whatever that meant.

You watched the pale morning sky rolling e-cig in your intake. It was cool, your vents bellowing long after you removed the e-cig. You could hear the faint song of small feathered orgaincs perched high on the electrical wires.

You ran your glossa over your dry dermas and your processor wondered to the last time you had properly fueled yourself.

The time you got drunk on high grade?

That was probably most likely. It was sad. You were a sad sack of what used to be a powerful and respectable decepicon commander. You got lost after the war you supposed, after losing contact with your supposed offline love didn't help you either.

You jumped a little when a bot suddenly approached you.

"May I sit?" You looked up at the owner of the voice

Prowl you believed. Someone who had trained to the protoform to gain the honor of a ninja-bot master. Never got it though.

'Maybe you should stop pulling up his files and answer the question stupid.'

'Shut up.'

"Nothin's stopping you." You muttered pulling the e-cig from your intake puffing a large cloud of smoke into the air

There was a calm silence for a while. Though you were comforted by the sound of his steady vents.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" He suddenly spoke, "This planet, earth, has so many wonders."

You chuckled, "A poetic one aren't cha?"

You looked over the lightening silhouettes of the buildings and the masses of organic forests beyond that.

"But a suppose it holds a melodramatic truth to it." You replied

"What made you stay?" Prowl asked, "You certainly don't seem like a bot to like organic planets."

"I suppose..." you couldn't find the words to finish the statement

You weren't one for the big city of Iacon. You felt small and meek under the towering masses of shiny beautiful metal. The air always felt as though it was too thin, as though it was almost gone.

But here. Here on this organic filled planet. You felt as though you could breath as though you weren't going to be trapped under false skies.

"... Liked the sunset." You finally finished, "I know it sounds stupid. Go ahead and laugh."

"I'm not going to laugh." Prowl stated, "Sometimes the reasons are just more of a feeling than actual words."

You nodded a little staring off. You supposed another reason you remained was because of him.

He was here. You couldn't seem to leave. It was as though he was a black hole, and you were getting sucked back in.

You hummed a little surprised when a feathered organic with a bright red bright came to flutter than land on your knee joint.

"The robins have started to return for the spring season." Prowl stated as you stared down at the little organic

It puffed out its feathers against a cold breeze that whipped against its small frame. It was so... so simple.

Just living life as it was supposed to. Following baseline instincts programmed over millions of years.

But it was so resilient all the same. You really didn't know where they were returning from, but obviously it was a long fly.

Made even harder from not having any engines. The small robin turned his little head when another started singing.

"It's a wonder to think that such beautiful creatures die so young." Prowl cut into your thoughts

"But isn't that how the universe works?" You asked rhetorically, "All good things die too soon for everyone's liking. Then life progressively gets worse and worse until you have to ask yourself "is it even worth it to keep going?" It's hard to think that."

Prowl was silent for a moment, "Though, when one thing dies something else better is born."

"Now that's just hopeful thinking." You hummed flicking the ashes off the side of the base

"It's better to try and believe in something than not." Prowl replied

"Believing does nothing. You can believe in something as much as you want, but truly not even you have the power to make a difference wen no one will listen." You retorted

"Then maybe you should find someone who will listen." With that he left you alone again.