Chapter 13

Life is short~ but this time it was bigger~

You vented softly breathing the cool winter air your chassis rising and falling deeply with each vent.

You didn't look up from the view of the city as the medic sat himself down beside you. the white and red mech was silent for awhile. His company wasn't unwanted, just unexpected.

He sighed, "So.... you were in the war?"

You glanced at him and nodded shallowly, "Yes.. I was."

He humme and rubbed the back of his helm, "That was so long ago..."

You nodded again looking back over the horizon, "It damaged more than just Iacon..."

He nodded a little in agreement looking over the horizon as well, "I've lost many friends."

"I've lost myself..." You spoke almost silently

"I understand...." He sighed placing a servo over yours

You glanced down at his servo but then back up at the horizon. His presence was nice. A calming one at that.

You started at the pale sky your optics dim. Your armor tingled knowing his gaze was on you.

You'd be lying if you said you didn't like the warm feeling creeping up tour neckcables, but it was wrong.

He wasn't yours for the having.... you weren't available for the taking.

You could feel your sparkrate pick up stressfully at the thought of actually moving on from your past.

But you couldn't...

Not when Megatron was alive and oh so close.

You sighed and closed your optics and tilted your helm down. Your free servo twisted into a fist and pressed hard against the edge of the roof.

"I can't..." You vented

Ratchet blinked, "What?"

"I just can't seem to move on...." You vented, "So much has happened and so much has changed against my best wishes...."

He hums softly at you stoking your servo softly, "I get it... young bots always change what doesn't need to be changed.... even the war changed things beyond what anyone could have ever imagined..."

He was right, and you knew it...

You turned your servo to gingerly hold his own. He squeezed it in a reassuring manner which caused you to Crack a small smile.

"I'd you ever need to talk about what happened... just know I'm here." He hummed softly

You glanced at him before looking forward again. You shouldn't get attached, but a part of you was telling you to trust him.

You wanted to really... but you shouldn't.
Not when he was so close again.

Almost hesitantly he shifted his position into a more comfortable one. He was moving almost like you would startle off if you moved too suddenly.

And that was half-true.

You did want to run away from here, far away, but not because of him.

No not at all.

But your pedes stayed cemented to the ground unmoving yo your command.

You had no choice but to stay and weather the storm brewing on the horizon.

One that could shatter your already fragile existence.

And break your spark all the the same time.