Chapter Three

I sit in my room finally relaxing after a long Wednesday full of school, teenage girl bickering, and Cameron

I sit in my room finally relaxing after a long Wednesday full of school, teenage girl bickering, and Cameron. I'd been recruited after school to the gym to help with the song selection for prom with a few other students and almost nothing we picked to run by Cameron and Gaby, the heads of the decorating committee and playlist overlords, made it into the rotation for the DJ to play. Everything was either too old or too new for the theme of prom. After about two hours of researching song after song on Pandora and iTunes, we had only seven songs added to the playlist that everyone agreed on. Between Frankie Lyman and Paramore, Cameron and Gaby made it very very hard to find the perfect songs for the night, saying they just knew when the song was perfect or not, whatever that meant. So after I came home, I threw on my favorite pair of comfy jeans, an oversized Pokémon T-shirt, and my soft pair of slipper boots and plopped down on my bed and relaxed with words from another James Patterson masterpiece.

I was really not in the mood for anything other than something happier than what I was feeling. Some people listen to happy music and read or watch something of the sort to lift their spirits. I, on the other hand, personally feel that if I'm pissed off for whatever reason, the last thing I want is to feel happy. Just let me be in my mood until I'm over it. I'm a teenage girl with an annoying sister who just wants some peace and quiet every now and then and I want to be left in my moods whatever they may be. Is that really so much to ask for?

I hear a knock on my door and dreaded the fact that it was more than likely the prom princess herself.

"You're not wearing that tonight are you?" Cameron asks after opening my bedroom door and stepping inside without waiting for me to tell her to come in.

"I'm at home on a lovely Wednesday evening reading a book and hating all teenagers and proms across the globe. What would I possibly be wearing other than this?" I say with a monotone voice, gesturing to my outfit. Cameron rolls her eyes and goes over to my closet next to my bed and begins combing through my clothes. I get up and set my book down and walk over to Cameron. "What are you doing?" I ask just as a T-shirt comes flying towards my face. I grab it and another pair of shorts hit me in the chest.

"You seriously need to look into getting a new wardrobe," Cameron says taking off a sweater from my hanger and throwing it out at me. Luckily I dodge that one before it can hit me in the face.

"Why are you going through my closet? " I ask annoyed. I start thinking that maybe it's physically impossible for her to just leave me alone.

"Looking for something that will actually show off some curves on your short little body," Cameron replies. She throws out another T-shirt, hitting me square in the face. "Seriously, there's like nothing in here other than comic books and shirts with nerdy things printed on them with the occasional cute thing hidden behind it all. What does this even mean?" she asks. She pulls out a red shirt with the word Bazinga! written across the front and raises an eyebrow at me. "It means-

"It means I don't give a crap. There's gotta be something hopeful in here," Cameron says balling up the shirt and throwing it at her feet.

"Hey! Cameron, if you're just going to ransack my closet," I catch more pairs of jeans and jackets flying at me like bullets from a machine gun. "Then would you please explain why?"