Chapter 13

TOM

Furia, he's a jackass. He was on Dianite's side and prevented us from saving Ianite for a whole two minutes. He mentioned something about getting what he wanted. She would be his. Then he got all cocky. He evilly laughed. "I shall destroy Dianite. He is no worthy god unlike I! Muahaha!" To this day, Furia lashes out, destroying the lands. I have a decision in my hands. I, Tom, should help Kairi, but what about Furia? If I can just get close to him...wait...stop talking like this. I have to back up my sister. I would cry to see her dreading any further.

What the fuck am I going to do?

***

Today is the day. My 16th birthday. Today is Tom's 21st birthday. Yes, me and my brother have our birthday on the same date. There is a story behind that.

My mother had a festival the day Tom was born. But 5 years later, it landed on the same date. To this day Ianera has a festival on our birthday for a whole week. I told Tom I would bring him to the city of Ianera.

I got up and yawned. "The Forest.." my mind whispered to me. I got up and jogged to the forest. I wasn't in control of my legs. I ran about 5000 blocks until I sat there. I took my clothes off until I had my undergarments on. I heard a crack. And then two. It was so painful in every crack. Snap! Crack! "Waglington!" I screeched. It kept cracking and popping. I felt a burning sensation. My vision was getting blurry and I saw black spots before darkness consumed me.

***
WAGLINGTON

"Waglington!" I heard a familiar voice screech. I went on all fours and ran to the voice. Yes, all fours. Sauske explained I was a werewolf, I was more specifically a hybrid of a wolf and wizard. He explained mates and marks and the mating process. In the werewolf world, mates were your soul mate created by Ianite and they formed your other half. It was meant to be, and you can't separate. Apparently, the more powerful you are, the worse your first shift is. My shift was pretty bad, but bearable. I was ducking under and over things as I ran towards Kairi. I saw a beautiful silver wolf on the ground. I picked her up. Instantly I felt sparks and a burning sensation shot up everywhere she touched me.

"Mate, mate, mate, mate!"

No way.

***
KAIRI

I woke up and opened my eyes. Or so I thought. It was still black, so I assumed that my eyes were just really shut. But I realized, I am blind. I started to panic and reach for something. I touched something and sparks shot through my body with a hot sensation.

"Kairi, the priest said you will be temporary blind."

"Wag- Waglington?"

"Yes?"

"Where-"

"Kairi! You're awake! I am so glad to tell you something!" Ianite's voice cheerfully spoke, and I noticed the lack of authority in her voice.

"Yeah, mom?"

"Your true form has awaken, you are the Canine!"