11

I woke up in a white room on a bed.

Where am I?

I held my head, hurting like hell. Then, I saw a bite mark on my arm. I remembered. Issac.

I gasped and tried to stand.

"No. No. Sit please. You're not allowed to stand." It was a nurse. Stella. I read her name tag.

"I have to go. Iss.. Issac is waiting for me." The nurse told me to sit down and I did. "I will call the doctor. He will talk to you."She smiled and left the room.

Then, I assumed a doctor walked in with a stethoscope around his neck.

"Hello, Evelyn. How are you feeling?" He stood beside me, checked my eyes and pulses. He then, sat down on the stool beside me. Why?

"Evelyn, I know you have so many questions to ask right now. You were here since past two days. I thought.. it was impossible for you to be alive because you.." He stopped talking and looked at my arm where the bite mark was.

"Am I a zombie?" He laughed slightly. "No. When I checked your blood, you weren't effected. And I was shocked."

I wasn't infected. Issac bit me when he was already a zombie. Then, why I wasn't infected?

"Why?" I asked. "I was bitten by--" He cut me off. "I know. But I just don't know why it didn't effect you. And I'm trying to do research on it."

I don't care about that. "Was I here alone?" He shook his head. "There was a little girl with you." Oh.
"Is she okay?" I asked again. He smiled and nodded. He was about to leave but I stopped him. "Is.. was there anyone else with me?" He shook his head and my heart sank.

I lost Issac.

"I know who you are asking about. And I'm so sorry for your lost. But.." He stopped again. "But?" I narrowed my eyes waiting for his answer.

"You're pregnant."

My whole world stopped.