4

"Hello, mom?" she answered the call after a few rings.

"Eve! Are you okay? Did you heard what is going on? We are coming to get y--" I cut her off. "Mom I'm fine. Issac is here with me. And yes I heard. Where are you, dad and Drew?" I looked at Issac and saw him thinking of something. Worried of something.

"Eve? Honey? Are you there?" I realized I was still on the call with mom. "Yeah.. yeah. Where are you guys at?" I asked again. "Home." I told her we are coming and with that I cut the call.

"Issac? What happened? Why are you so worried?" He turned around and looked at me. And I saw tears in his eyes. "Baby, shh. What happened? Tell me." I moved on to his lap, holding his face in my hands and looking right into his brownish eyes. "Baby.." I knew something happened but I don't know.

"My family.." Fuck. His parents. His brother. Where are they? China. They went China for holidays. "Issac. Call them. They are in China right?" He smiled and I wondered why. "That's where it all started. And I tried calling them, nothing."

It all started in China. That means they are gone?

"Issac? I.. I don't--" He hugged me. "They are gone. My family is gone, Eve." We stayed like this for few minutes.

"We have to go." I went back to my seat and he drove to my house. All the way to my house, I held his hand.

Dear aunty, uncle and Ryan. I'm so sorry for whatever happened. I just want you guys to know that Issac is not alone. I will hold his hand no matter what. I promise.

We reached home. All I could see was people running here and there. Then, I saw my parents standing at the corner. "Issac, stop the car." I got out and ran towards them. "Mom. Dad. I'm glad you guys are okay. Where is Drew?"

"Here." I turned around and saw my brother covered with blood. I gasped in shock. "Drew, what happened to you?" He looked at himself and started trembling. "Drew, lets go." I walked towards him. Something wasn't right. "Stay away, Eve. I'm.. I'm infected." That just broke my heart. "Evelyn! We have to go. They are here." Issac came running to me. He saw Drew and pulled me closer to him. "He is infected." I didn't know what to do. "Issac, please take my sister and parents with you. It's not safe here." Drew said to Issac while looking at me. "GO!" Issac pulled me by my arm towards his car. He did the same with my mom and dad. We were shocked. Drew got infected and I couldn't leave him. He is my brother. "Issac, we can't leav--" Issac cut me off. "He is not Drew. He got infected and he will infect us all. Please try to understand. That's what Drew wanted." Issac explained and drove off to somewhere safe.

I turned around and saw people screaming and running. Then, I saw Drew running around, biting others. He wasn't my brother. I cried and closed my eyes.

I love you, Drew. I'm sorry.