Chapter Thirty Two: Getting Together

***WARNING***
This is the last chapter of this story! I will be writing a sequel to this story though! So follow me if you haven't, and be watching for the sequel to be posted!!! :D Enjoy the last chapter!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The past few months have gone from horrible and stressful, to relaxing. The Mellarks and the Everdeens have had to convince a lot of people that we don't hate each other anymore, some still don't believe us, but a majority do. It just took us awhile. At first it was awkward, having dinners and get together's with them because you could still feel the tension between us, but now we seem to get along just fine. Peeta and I walk around town all the time, trying to convince more people that we don't hate each other. Even though we aren't hiding it from our parents anymore, we still go to the lake in Finnick's woods, mainly because it's such a peaceful place and we have a lot of memories there. I enjoy the lake, and we continue to grow closer every day. We never seem to grow tired of one another, and some days we are with each other from when we wake up until we go to bed. I still live at home, though I'm hoping one day I'll be able to move out. We've moved up in the top ten to number 5, making my parents think we have a lot more money and they are looking at house for me. Peeta's parents were moved to number 4,after adding 200 chain cafe's around the USA. They had a huge increase in salary, and mine actual seemed happy for them. Even after they left the dinner where they announced their achievement, they continued to be happy. Gale, well, he doesn't come around to often. My parents don't force me to see him, but apparently he is an archer. I've become very skilled with a bow and sometimes we go to the woods to hunt. A lot has been going on with his parents right now, and so he likes to rant. He finally admitted that there won't be anything romantic between us, but he enjoys our friendship more. Right now, I sit next to the lake, waiting for Peeta to come meet me. We are having a picnic today, one that we won't have to hide from our parents. He is bringing the food while I've brought the plates, silver wear, and blanket. I lie down, closing my eyes and resting for a few minutes. My work out this morning went longer than I meant for it to, and I tried some new exercises so I'm sore. As I wait, I hear loud footsteps and I know it's him. I stay laid down though. He sets the stuff down and I must look like I'm asleep, because the next thing I know his lips are on mine as if to wake me up. I open my eyes which makes him pull away.
"Hello sleeping beauty." He laughs.
"I was awake. I was only resting because my muscles are sore." I sit up and a pain goes down my neck.
"Come here." He sits on his knees and I turn so my back is towards him and he begins to massage my neck. He seems to know exactly where it hurts, and is actually able to help it.
"Thanks Peeta." I say. "Peeta."
"Yes?"
"Peeta."
"Uh, Katniss?"
"Peeta, Peeta, Peeta, Peeta, Peeta, I really like saying your name." I giggle at him. I turn around so we can start eating, and Peeta has brought a feast! Lamb stew on wild rice, cheese buns, he put goat cheese on dinner rolls with apples diced over top, and a lot more. It's all so good, I can't believe how lucky I am to of found someone that can cook so well.
"I think I found the love of my life." I say looking at Peeta. He has a smile on his face as he looks at me, so I take a huge bite of food. "And he was disguised as my enemy." I say with my mouth full. We both laugh and I quickly finish the food.
"Oh my gosh, my mother would hate me if she say me right now." I laugh.
"Really? I mean, you kind of fell for your worse enemy, and she would get mad over a mouthful of food?" Peeta winks at me.
"You don't know my mother." I take another bite of food. We finish up, and put the leftovers in a basket. We lay down by the lake, my head resting on Peeta's lap while he plays with my hair, claiming to be practicing knots. After awhile, I fall asleep.

Peeta wakes me up a few hours later, telling me to look at the sky. I see the sun is setting and the sky has turned orange and pink around it.
"That orange is my favorite color." Peeta says, beginning to play with my hair again. "I thought you would want to see it."
"Thank you." I say laying my head on his lap again.
"You know, I wish I could freeze this moment in time, and live in it forever."
"Okay." I say, turning my head so I can look at him better. "I love you."
"I love you too."

*THE NEXT DAY*
We are leaving now to go to Peeta's families house. Today, we are having dinner with them. I haven't talked to Peeta all day and it's killing me. I wonder how rewarding it would be to go a week without him, and then spend an entire weekend for him. Honestly I don't care because I wouldn't make it that long. We walk to the Mellarks, and are greeted outside by his parents.
"Hello Kim how are you?" Mrs. Mellark says to my mom.
"I'm doing well, how are you Shannon?" They are on first name bases now. My dad and Mr. Mellark begin to talk about the game that was on last night, and none of them seem to be going inside. Prim is texting someone, so while everyone is distracted I let myself in. Not that they don't welcome me, at one point they told me to just walk in, and not ring the doorbell. The house seems silent, so I walk around. I find myself in front of some steps, and I debate climbing them. When I'm about to take my first step, I hear people rushing down them. I move out of the way as Peeta's brother stumble down the stairs.
"Peeta and Katniss sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" They chant laughing at each other. I see Peeta walking down the stairs after them.
"Shut up! They will be here soon." He hisses at them.
"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage!"
"You are soooo mature. Shut up."
"Katniss and Peeta sitting in a tree!" They start again but this time, I decide to join in.
"K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" I walk so I'm in view now. Peeta's brothers crack up laughing, but I keep singing. "First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage." I can actually hear Peeta sigh.
"But that's not all, that's not all." I hear a voice from behind me. I turn to see Prim. "Then comes a baby drinking alcohol!"
"Prim, what was the other one?" I ask having more fun with this than I should.
"No, that's enough." Peeta says, walking over to me.
"I can't remember." She says and she is trying to think hard, I know she is.
"Darn it." I say as Peeta puts his hand around my waist.
"You are all a bunch of 10 year olds." Peeta mumbles. I hit him on the arm with a smile on my face. We walk into the kitchen, and Peeta's brother opens the pantry. The first thing I see is Peanut butter.
"Prim!" I say and point to it.
"Oh yeah!" I grab it and open it, grabbing a spoon.
"Katniss and Peeta, sitting in a gutter." I feed Peeta some peanut butter as Prim chants, and Peeta's brothers join. "Eating peanut butter!"
"Oh dang it..." Peeta says as I put some in my mouth.
"Kissing each other!!" We all say at the same time, and I make Peeta kiss me.
"Are you all done?" He asks them when he's ale to pull away from me.
"Unless we think of something else." Steven says. We put the peanut butter back, and we go into the dining room where all the adults are sitting, talking inside now. We all sit down, I'm in between Peeta and Prim, my two favorite people. I grab Peeta's hand under the table, and I begin to eat with the other. It's hard to think that only months ago our families hated each other. But that one day, at Finnick's wedding, changed everything. If I hadn't gone upstairs, or if Peeta wasn't coming down, we never would have met. Such a small action seems so huge now, and it has changed everything. Peeta is everything to me, and now we don't have to be secret about it either. I look at Peeta, his blonde curls falling in front of his bright blue eyes, his warming smile as he laughs at someone's stupid joke that I didn't hear. He looks at me, and I feel myself blush. If someone told me only a ear ago, maybe even 6 months ago that I would have fallen for the bakers boy, my families worse enemy, I would have laughed at their face. Now that I have, I don't think my life could be anymore perfect.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, there is the end of book one!
OMG! I was about to cry while writing this because I can't believe it is actually over! It seems like just yesterday I sat down at my dining room table and began to type the first chapter!
Thank you everyone for your comments, your support, and your love during this whole book!
I can't wait to write the sequel!
I would also like to thank God for giving me the talent so many of you say I have! Without him I would be nothing and I hope he uses me to write in the future!
For the last time on this book, I LOVE YOU ALL!
Watch for the sequel! :)