Chapter Nine: Meeting Him

Roughly 24 hours later, Prim and I are walking out of the front door. Of course, Prim likes dresses so our maid only checks me. My hand slipped to my hip and I sighed, but she only nodded at me. I have on a yellow sundress with sunglasses, my hair in a braid. Prim is in one of her best dresses. Of course it is pink, and ends at her knees.
"Going for a walk." I holler so they know where we are going, even though we will be back before our parents are there. We have no response but I don't care, I just close the door. We start walking towards Finnick's house, but we don't get far before I talk to her.
"Are you sure you want to meet him?" I ask.
"Well duh. You've been sneaking off with him even though we hate him."
"He isn't that bad. In fact he is a very good friend. I've told him a lot."
"Well I don't know if I trust him. I mean, he could easily take whatever you told him and turn it on you." She says.
"He wouldn't do that. But I bet he will be happy to meet you, considering we couldn't do this in public."
"But maybe there is a reason for that."
"What do you mean?"
"Nothing by it really. I guess it just depends what happened seven generations ago."
"But mom and dad won't tell us." I sigh.
"They are stubborn. Especially dad. That's where you get it from." She giggles.
"I am not stubborn."
"Katniss, come on, we all know you are."
"Fine, maybe a little." I see Finnick's house, and soon we are walking across the lawn towards the woods. Finnick and Annie have already come back from their honeymoon, and for some reason or another I think they know Peeta and I meet in their woods. But I suppose that they are okay with it. We go back into the woods, and I take the same path I do every time I meet Peeta. I'm not sure how he will react to Prim being with me. Maybe it's not such a good idea to just walk up with her. So when we are out of the tree line and we are about to start up the hill, I stop her.
"Listen, he doesn't know you are coming. So stay here, let me explain to him, and then I will come back and get you alright?"
"Okay, but hurry please. I'm anxious."
"I know you are." I kiss the top of her head and walk up the rest of the hill. I look over at the pond to see Peeta standing there waiting for me.
"Hey!" I yell and he turns around, his face breaks into a grin.
"Hey." He says back and starts walking towards me. I meet him halfway. "Ready to talk? I have to tell you about last weekend." He smiles.
"Sure, but I need to talk to you about something first."
"What is that?"
"Well, uh, someone else suspects something going on. She noticed how often I was gone and how it was kind of a pattern."
"We are not sneaky enough. Who this time?" He doesn't sound very worried, but I have come to learn Peeta doesn't like to make a big deal out of things.
"My sister. I talked to her about it, and she agreed to stay quiet on one condition."
"What's that?"
"She wanted to meet you. I don't know why but she does. Though I don't think she trusts you."
"That's fine, I would love to meet her. Is she with you or will you bring her next time?"
"She came this time. She probably wouldn't have let me come if I didn't bring her."
"Where is she?"
"Over the hill, come on." I reach for his hand, about to grab it and lead him over to her, but I pull back. What was that about? That isn't even like me. I just turn and he follows me, going up and over the hill to where Prim waits. Peeta smiles and waves at her, so I motion for her to come towards us. She moves up the hill and when she gets to us, I introduce them.
"Peeta, this is Prim. Prim, this is Peeta." Peeta holds his hand out to her and she shakes it.
"Nice to meet you Prim."
"It's nice to meet you too Peeta." Prim's voice is very hostile. I give her a mean glare, but Peeta just laughs.
"Well, aren't you a friendly soul."
"I'm just here to evaluate you. Basically, I'm here to make sure we can trust you." So that's why Prim wanted to meet him. I knew she didn't trust him, but I never thought she would straight up tell him that. Peeta chuckles again.
"You have nothing to worry about." I can tell Peeta is trying to get on her good side, which is understandable, but he shouldn't have to do that. "Let's go sit shall we?" Peeta leads us down to the lake, where him and I usually sit.
"So, Prim, is there anything specific you wanted to ask me?" Peeta says.
"A few things. The main question though, is will you ever use anything Katniss tells you against her or our family?" It sounds like she is almost accusing him.
"Of course not!"
"How can I trust you?"
"Well, what if I told you both something I've never told anyone. Then, if I say anything you have something on me."
"I don't think that's really-" I start but Prim cuts me off.
"No, it's a good idea."
"Alright," Peeta sighs. "Sometimes, during really bad storms. And by that I mean like during the spring and early summer when there are tornado's, not just thunderstorms. I get scared. Really scared. So, I will go downstairs to the kitchen and grab some bread, taking it back to my room and I hold the bread. Because It makes me feel safe." When he says this, I know he is serious, but I start laughing at him. I feel bad at first but Prim laughs and at some point, so does Peeta.
"Are you serious?" Prim asks. Peeta just shrugs.
"I wouldn't lie. But you two are the only ones that know that, not even Finnick. So unless I say something, which I will not, only you and Katniss can laugh about it." Peeta is still smiling. Prim reaches out her hand to him, which he takes and they shake.
"Deal."
"So, any other questions?" Peeta asks.
"I guess maybe I would like to get to know you like Katniss is. I know I will keep this secret, but I would like to if you don't mind." She asks shyly.
"Of course you can Prim. As long as Katniss is okay with it." Prim looks at me with hopeful eyes.
"Of course, but you can't complain when I call you little duck." At this she groans.
"Ugh! Fine." She shakes her head but I laugh at her.
"You can come with me on Wednesdays okay? You have lessons on Fridays anyways." Not only that, but Peeta and I are adults so we have adult things we talk about when we are here.
"Awesome." For the next three hours we talks, Prim asks Peeta a lot of questions. I even am able to learn a few things about Peeta. He said next Wednesday he would bring his art supplies and paint something for us. But far to soon, it's time for us to and go home.
"Prim, why don't you go on over the hill, I'll be there in a minute." She eyes me suspiciously, but ends up doing what I told her. When she is out of hearing range, I turn to Peeta.
"Are you sure she can come?"
"Of course I'm sure." He smiles.
"As long as you are fine with it." I put my arms around him and he does the same. "Thanks for giving her your attention. My parents attempt to do that but they aren't well at it."
"I'm sorry Katniss, but you can count on me." I pull away from the hug. "I'll be like her big brother." I nod my head and turn for the hill, he goes the other direction.
"Bye!"
"Bye!" I holler back, then I go over the hill to Prim. We hurry out of the woods and star going towards our house. We talk a little bit on the walk back, mainly about keeping things a secret and how we can't talk about it at the house, even if we are sure no one is around. We just can't risk it. I feel fine about meeting him, knowing we are off the hook and no one will find out. Prim will have the attention of someone other than me, and I actually have a nice guy friend I can talk to. We walk into the gates of our house, and that's when I see the cars. Two cars. One is the car my parents drove in to work and the other is Gale's. I have always been back before my parents got home, which worries me that they will be suspicious. As I begin to run for the front door, I wonder what Gale is doing here. He knows about Peeta and I talking, but he only knows about the one time when he saw us walking in town together. Would he actually tell my parents about that? Prim is right on my heels as we come through the front door, both of trying to stay calm. My mother comes running in as soon as she hears us.
"Katniss! Where have you been?" She asks.
"Prim and I went out for a walk. Why?"
"Because." She smiles, "Gale is hear and he wants to take you to dinner."
"I swear if this is another one of your attempts at getting me married I swear..."
"No, nothing like that. I didn't even know he was coming." Gale walks out from the other room, holding flowers in his hand.
"Hello Katniss." He smiles, "Would you like to go for dinner?"
"Actually, I haven't done my workouts today. Maybe-" My mother cuts me off.
"She would love to." She glares at me, "She just have to get ready." She starts shoving me upstairs for my room, obviously she won't let me get out of this. She is right on my heels all the way to my bedroom, giggling and squealing like a teenage girl at a One Direction Concert.
"Calm down." She ignores me.
"Now, you don't have time to showers so put on plenty of deodorant and perfume. I'll pick out your outfit." She runs to my walk in closet. I sigh, go into my bathroom and start applying perfume, lotions, and whatever else to make myself smell good enough for my mother. I come out and she puts me in my high heels, the black ones. I slip into a very tight fitting red dress with a black cardigan, and she puts a red head band in my hair to push back my straightened hair.
"Is this really necessary?" I complain.
"Yes, now go downstairs." She is so excited for me to go out with Gale. And when I think that, I realize what is actually happening. I'm going on a date with Gale.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, what did you think of that chapter? :D

Prim met Peeta, the are both happy to be getting to know each other, and OMG Katniss is going out with Gale :o Her mom is just so.... lol!

So what did you all think of this chapter? :) I hope you liked it!

Please tell me what you think!

LOVE YOU ALL <3