Chapter Twenty One: Blackmail

I don't bother knocking on the door of Gale's house, I just barge right in. This f course brings his family and maids running to the door, seeking what it was that made such a loud noise, but Gale isn't with them.

"Katniss, why you're the girl on fire!" His mom says. "What are you doing here though?"

"I want to see your sorry excuse for a son." I snap at her and they all look taken back. I'm not mad at any of them but I'm taking my anger out to whoever is talking to me.

"He is out back." Mr. Hawthorne says. I walk through their house, having been here ten times I know my way around, and I go to the back door. I see Gale sitting on the patio drinking some kind of wine, looking in the other direction. When I walk outside Gale turns around almost instantly, yet slowly.

"Hello Katniss, what can I do for you?"

"You can stop acting stupid, you know why I'm hear."

"I'm afraid I don't, would you like to sit down?" he is acting much to innocent.

"No." I say bluntly.

"Suit yourself, can I offer you a drink?"

"Gale cut the crap."

"Now Katniss, your mother wouldn't approve of how you are speaking. It's bet unladylike you know."

"Go ahead, you already told them about me meeting Peeta." I try not to raise my voice because I know his family is right inside the house, and if they hear me confess to it they will tell my parents.

"Why would I do that?"

"I don't know but I know it was you because other than Prim, the Odair's, and Madge, you are the only person who knows." I say. He puts his hands behind his back and begins to walk slowly, back and forth.

"So, you think I told your parents eh?"

"Um yeah, and now I'm not allowed to leave my house unless I'm escorted by someone." I say realizing I just broke their first rule.

"Didn't I give you my word?"

"Words are just words, unless the person means to live up to them. And you haven't." I shoot at him. I want him to confess to it.

"Katniss, I did mean to keep my word, and then we broke up." He says.

"That's not how it works."

"But that's how it's going." he shoots at me. "But, I won't be irrational about this. All I've ever wanted was to date you and even marry you, but Peeta was getting in the way."

"He was not! He was my friend and he listened to me, something you never did."

"Well maybe I would have if you told me things instead of him." He snaps. "Look, I can go back to your parents and tell them it was a mistake, that it wasn't Peeta you were with on the city street that day, or that it was you and Prim meeting in the woods, and that I was only confused because of the blonde hair." That doesn't seem like something he would do, it's not like him to be nice like this. And the way he says these things gives me the chills.

"What's the catch?" I say knowing there will be one.

"Why would there-"

"Then why would you tell them in the first place?"

"I want to see how desperate you are for your friendship with him back." He says, the corners of his mouth growing into an evil grin.

"I'm not desperate." My voice growing weaker because I will admit, I'm willing to see Peeta again at any cost, especially after happened tonight.

"I will tell your parents everything was a mistake, giving you permission to leave your house alone again to see him.... if."

"If what?"

"We continue to date."

"So you won't me to date you, and not be happy, so I can see Peeta?"

"I'm not saying you have to, but it's your choice." So I think to myself, I can go back to Gale and be miserable, but have contact to Peeta. Or, I can stay away from Gale and never see Peeta again.

"Fine."

"Excellent." He leans over to me and tries to kiss me, but I move out of the way.

"I'm still under house arrest smart one, go to mine and tell my parents it was a misunderstanding." I order him.

"Then I expect a kiss." He reaches for my hand and I pull away, but the look he gives me tells me I had better let him hold it. So he does, and we start walking back to my house. Was this worth it? I could always try to sneak off by myself to see Peeta, which might be harder but I'll be farther from Gale. Though my parents will probably has a babysitter following me around 24/7. We arrive at my house and as soon as we walk in, my name is yelled. My mother and father rush into the main room, furious. Gale drops my hand and walks in front of me, holding his hands up before my parents get to me.

"Wow, Mr. and Mrs Everdeen calm down. She was just with me."

"What exactly were you two doing?"

"Getting back together. I came here because I wanted to apologize for the False accusations against Katniss. It was Prim with her the whole time but all I saw was the blonde." Gale says very convincing.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course. It makes more sense now anyways. Katniss talking at a good for nothing, low life-" I dig my fake nail into the back of his neck to shut him up, I don't want him talking badly about Peeta. He flinches a little but not enough to be noticed. "human being." he finished.

"Well, you should make sure of something before you point fingers Gale, but we appreciate your concern." my father says.

"It was an honest mistake, but maybe we should have Prim's hair dyed." My mother turns to my father "what do you think?"

"Leave her head alone!" I interrupt them, my mother always wants to take things to far. She looks at me weird so I change the topic. "So am I allowed to leave the house without a nanny following me?" my mother sighs and looks at my dad.

"After this week you can." An they both leave the room. Gale turns to me, a smirk on his face.

"Now for that kiss." as he puts his lips to mine, I realize I won't miss Peeta this week anyways. His grandmothers funeral is this week. But hopefully, and hope is what I need, he will show up next week so we can talk about tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things are about to pick up and I am so excited!!!

So please tell me what you thought.

Gale is such a jerk! Ugh, I don't even understand how I can hate him when I made him do that! 😂😂 but I did!

So I bid you all a great day!

LOVE YOU ALL:)