Bonus Chapter #3

Bonus Chapter #3 - Surprise!

Two years later.

"I'm going to win." Kaden smirks as my name is called, helping me stand.

I roll my eyes and laugh. "I'm right about this, you'll see."

Today, Kaden and I are going to be finding out what gender our baby is.

We had gotten married two years ago in Italy where everyone had flown out. Kaden and I had picked the venue of Lake Como which was decorated beautifully on the day. After the wedding, we left to catch a flight to the Bahamas, which was kept a secret from me until we landed. Our wedding day and honeymoon was truly unforgettable.

Our friends, Axel and his family, and our entire pack are gathered around us. Sadly, Eva and Maddox couldn't be invited since they don't know about the pack but, Kaden and I have planned to have dinner with them tomorrow to tell them. I, of course, told my parents and brother first who had the cutest reactions.

Derek, Rico and Natalie had a full-blown argument when Kaden and I revealed that we wanted to be surprised. In the end, somehow, Derek won and is now walking towards us with two white tubes that will launch confetti in the colour of the gender we are having.

"This better be the right colour." Kaden grumbles beside me, making Derek's wide grin drop.

"O ye, of little faith." He rolls his eyes before handing us the tubes. "Wait until I count to three."

I nod, feeling excited as he walks away. I can see many phones and cameras out, everyone wanting to capture the moment. I can't wait to send a video to my parents and brother, wanting to see their reactions.

"No matter if our baby is a boy or a girl, I promise to love and protect you both with everything in me." Kaden pulls me close, whispering in my ear so only us both can hear.

I peck his lips with a smile, feeling overwhelmed. Sometimes I really hated my crazy hormones. "I love you."

"I love you too. You ready?"

I nod, stepping away slightly and holding the tube in the air like Kaden. Derek starts counting down, everyone joining in. At three, I twist and look up to see a burst of pink confetti flying in the air. I gasp, tears brimming my eyes as Kaden runs to me, embracing me in a tight hug.

"We're having a daughter, a little princess!" He yells excitedly, making me laugh at how happy he is.

Everyone gathered around our house is cheering and I can feel gentle caresses over my body; indicating that my pack is sending me love through our bond. Kaden and I spend the next hour receiving congratulations from everyone, Rico and one of the elders starting up the barbecue.

I also take in every advice previous and to be mothers give me, Kaden listening attentively beside me. Throughout my pregnancy, Kaden has taken it upon himself to learn everything there is to know about how to take care of me and our baby once I give birth. Pregnancy and baby books can be found in every nook and cranny of our house, that's how dedicated he is.

He has been so sweet and caring, catering to my every need, comforting me every time I burst out crying for no reason, showering me with compliments when I think I look like a whale and showing me just how much he loves me when I'm having a bad day. If he was tired or frustrated, I wouldn't know. He made sure not to worry me and focused solely on me.

"Congratulations! I'm so happy for you two!" Natalie grins excitedly as she hugs me. "Our daughters are going to be the best of friends!"

Natalie is also pregnant and in her third month whilst I'm in my second. I had panicked when Kaden told me that my pregnancy would only be three months. It seemed impossible at the time but, he had patiently explained how it worked due to him marking me and altering my genes slightly so I would age slower and such. My body adapted easily to a three-month pregnancy and I was thankful for zero complications.