Chapter Thirty-Eight

Chapter Thirty-Eight – The Romanov's.

Just as I was about to fall asleep last night, Kaden had asked me to come with him to New York for the weekend. Since I had no important assignments, I happily agreed to accompany him.

And now, we had arrived at the airport in the early hours of the morning and immediately checked in. The wait wasn't long and soon, we were boarding the plane. As Kaden and I sat down in our seats, I was thankful that we weren't seated with anybody else and had our own window seat.

"Your brother lives in New York, right?" Kaden asks about an hour into the flight.

"Yes, he works in upper east side Manhattan as a mechanical engineer." I explain, resting my head on his shoulder as I watch us fly past the clouds. "Nick is mostly busy though, he graduated top of the class and was immediately snatched up by one of the top companies."

"Wow, so the smart gene runs in the family huh?" He whistles lowly, chuckling when I scoff.

"You won't think Nick is smart when you meet him. He's like a child stuck in an adult's body." I smile, shaking my head as I remember memories of the crazy things Nick had done.

"I'm meeting him?"

I pull away, sitting upright. "You don't want to?"

"You sure he won't pull out a shotgun the minute he sees me?" He smirks, brushing his lips against my knuckles.

"Don't worry, he will do no such thing." I smile, watching him relax. "The shotgun is with my Dad."

I bite my lip to stifle my laughter when his head whips around and he stares at me with wide eyes. I smile sweetly, cuddling closer before focusing my attention on the small television screen playing a comedy movie we were both watching.

"Moon Goddess help me." I hear him whisper to himself before he relaxes slightly.

***

We touch down at the airport in New York, collecting our bags and walking out of arrivals in no time. A man stood holding a white board with Kaden's name on it in big letters. I point in his direction before we walk over, the man notifying us that he is a pack member who will be driving us back to King Romanov's place.

After following him into the parking lot, Kaden helps him put our luggage in the boot before joining me in the back, draping his arm across my shoulders and pulling me close. I sigh in content, pecking his jaw before the driver got in and reversed out of the parking space.

Halfway through the ride, Kaden tells the driver to stop. He tells me that he'll be back in a few minutes and I nod, waiting for him in the car as he enters a toy store. Ten minutes later, he walks out with two large bags, making my eyes widen. After he places them in the boot, he joins me again and we drive off.

"I'm a god parent to the Romanov twins." He explains, a grin on his lips as he settles in his seat.

"I can tell that you love to spoil them." I laugh lightly, referring to the large bags filled to the brim with toys.

He nods, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Their parents are going to kill me."

"I never asked how you know the Romanovs." I state, placing my hand over his that is curled around my thigh.