Chapter Forty-Four

Chapter Forty-Four – A Twisted Surprise

Luna Winter's P.O.V.

I am huddled into a ball on the ground, my body shivering because of the cold. My head still hurt from when it had banged against the stairs, my jaw and cheek aching from Reid's hit and now I'm soaking wet because I couldn't keep my mouth shut.

I had pissed off Reid yet again and he reacted by dousing me with freezing cold water again and again until I screamed at him to stop. It is now a few hours later I assume because night has fallen and I can see a few stars twinkling from the cell's window. I think it's my fourth day here.

I haven't moved an inch until I hear the loud groan of the door open what I'm assuming a few hours later. Someone growls loudly causing me to scoot back blindly, my back hitting the wall. I hear someone being thrown onto the ground and wince when they roar, the sheer volume of it bouncing off the walls.

I hear Reid's bitter laugh before the sound of footsteps making their way in my direction reach my ears. I shuffle back in fear when the cell door opens and he unties the shackles, letting out a cry of pain when I am pulled forward and slammed on the ground so that my knees scrape against the cement floor.

"Maybe now that you see your present you'll change your mind?" He chuckles evilly, tugging harshly on my hair.

I blink a few times, my vision hazy. The lights turn on and I immediately flinch when my eyes burn from the brightness. I look up at Reid, who is now stroking my hair as I kneel on the ground, before taking in my surroundings.

"Luna!" I hear the familiar voice roar my name in anger, causing me to look to the cell in front of me.

I gasp loudly, trying to move forward when I see Kaden trying to break free of the chains. "Kaden!"

Reid sighs and takes out a remote, pressing down on it and suddenly, Kaden's body starts convulsing as he screams out in pain. He is being doused in silver and I can see his skin burning in response. I yell at him to stop, tears streaming down my cheeks. He has a sadistic grin on his lips as he watches us, eventually stopping the torture.

Kaden breathes heavily as he sits up, a low groan escaping him. He pants, holding his side before glaring murderously at his father. My eyes hone in on his wounds, blood tainting his skin as his wolf tries to heal him as fast as he can.

"I want an answer when I come back and I want it to be yes. If not, I take your mate." He crouches down, his hand roaming over my body whilst he presses a rough, wet kiss to my mark making it burn in protest.

I scream in pain, struggling to get away but he only holds my arm tighter, his claws digging into my skin. Kaden roars at his father to stop, to let me go. He sighs before shoving me, the force of it causing me to slam into the concrete wall.

He locks my cell before making his way over to Kaden. "I won't be mad if you say no, son. She's a beauty, I'd love to lock her up in my room and ravish her all night long."

A sob escapes me at his words, Kaden's murderous growl shaking the ground I'm sitting on. I don't even need the bond to tell me how livid he is, it's written all over his face. He glares at his father in pure hate, nothing but loathing in his ocean blue eyes.

Reid turns and wiggles his fingers at me, making me recoil in disgust. We watch as he makes his way out of the large room, the slam of the door echoing behind him. Kaden and I are alone now and I relax slightly, leaning against the wall. The lights have been turned off and we can just about see each other because of the small silver of light coming through the tiny window in our cells.