Meeting for the first time

Chapter 1:

Tom's POV:

We had just left our concert and we were doing some pictures when some fans went off their rockers. All of the sudden they started to chase us and we being in New York, had no idea where we were going. we saw a building with lights on and we ran into it hoping for good luck in hiding. Once we got in there we looked around and saw nothing. But then out of nowhere we heard loud growling. Oh shit.

Ainsley's POV:

There was no one coming in today for much. There was a couple that adopted one of the dogs, so I was in a good mood. I sat on the counter reading a book when i heard whining. I went to the back to investigate. I saw Domino, a huge Dalmatian that thought he was a lap dog, holding his food bowl. I tended to let some of the animals out after closing time so they could roam. I got Domino's food off the shelf and i was just about to pour it when i heard Duke growling. Whatever it was it wasn't good. Duke is a huge Bull Mastiff who is very sweet but does not take nicely to strangers. We were still looking for a home for him.

"Duke, what is it boy?" I walked out from the back and stopped dead in my tracks because Duke was growling a 5 very attractive guys in the shelter.

Tom's POV:

The dog was massive! And it just kept sitting there growling at us.

"Duke, what is it boy?" We heard a female voice ask from somewhere in the back. She walked out to where we could see her. She was very beautiful. She was blond and had smoky grey eyes. "Who are you guys?" She asked accusingly.

"We just wanted to uh..well... wait do you not recognize us?" Max said we all were a bit surprised.

"Why? Should I know you?" She said. okay good she was not a fan.

"We are a band called The Wanted and we were just trying to hide from some crazy fans." I said trying to get it all out. She still didn't seem impressed.

"Well okay then. Close the door and blinds then and you can come over here." Siva and Nathan went to do as she said and she bent down in front of the still growling dog. When she bent down her shirt lifted a bit to reveal a tattoo on her back and she quickly pulled her shirt down. I looked a Max questioningly but he just shrugged. Miraculously the dog stopped to growling and got up and laid down.

"So what is this place exactly?" Jay asked. She turned around and smiled.

"Gigi's pet shelter." She said simply.

"So are you Gigi?" Nathan asked.

"No, I am Ainsley." We introduced ourselves. And she just nodded. Not one for talking much. "How long are you guys going to be here?" She asked.

"Just a half an hour until our security comes to pick us up." I said.

"Domino, put down scrappy's food bowl." She said calmly to the Dalmatian with a bowl in its mouth.

"Seems like it gets pretty crazy around here." I said in an attempt to make conversation. she just shook her head no. I guess no conversation. We all went to sit in some chairs that were towards the front of the shelter. She came and sat with us.

"Sorry, I don't mean to come off rude, I am just not that talkative of a person."

"It's all right. So is this your shelter?" I asked her.

"No its Gigi's, she is the woman who took me in and gave me a job. You guys would love her, but she is at home." Wow this girl actually had a voice.

"Tell us about yourself." Siva said. She talked but she didn't seem to like talking about herself that much. She is 22 years old, she was born in Connecticut. Gigi took her in four years ago and that is when she discovered her passion for animals. All of the sudden Max's phone started to ring.

"Okay guys they are outside." He said. "It was nice to meet you Ainsley."

"It was very nice to meet all of you too." She said we all said goodbye

"Could I possibly get your number? We are here for two more days." I asked her and she pulled out an ancient looking flip phone. "That's your phone?" I asked incredulously. She nodded sheepishly. We got into the van and began to get a lecture about not calling right away for help, but i wasn't listening because I was thinking about Ainsley. She was different than other girls, i could tell but I couldn't shake the feeling she was hiding something.