No matter what

Chapter 6:

"So guys have two interviews tomorrow, and a signing the day after that and then you guys have two weeks off." I said to the boys who had finally settled down and sat on their couch in front of me. "Which means one week until vacation in Ibiza."

"Vacation!" They yelled and ran around the house. They were being a little to crazy for me right now so I walked over to my apartment. I knew I would have to be back over the boys place in an hour or so to make them dinner. I passed by the calender on my wall in the kitchen and stopped dead. It was the 13th of November. I did not even realize what it was close to. Tomorrow would be five years since the accident when I lost everyone I loved. I went into my room slowly and pulled the box out from under the bed. I looked at the contents and burst into tears and just laid down on my bed.

~

Tom's POV:

"Where is Ann she said she was coming back in an hour to make us dinner and it has been over two." Max said. We went to her place to check up on her and when we knocked nobody answered so we just walked in. She wasn't in her living room or kitchen but we heard a noise coming from her bedroom. When we all got closer we could hear her crying. We all exchanged a look and walked in quietly. She was laying on her bed curled up with a pillow sobbing quietly.

"Oh shoot I forgot about dinner. let me go work on it." She said wiping her tears and getting off her bed. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back on her bed.

"Tell us, please Ann." I said quietly to her. Her face fall and she started to cry again. I put my arm around her and pulled her into my shoulder. Max and Jay on each side of us on the bed and Nathan and Siva sat on the ground in front of us. She reached out from under my arm and showed us a picture of two girls that looked like teenagers, looking closer I realized that one of them was Ainsley. But with blue hair and dark makeup, she was wearing a way to short skirt and a top that did not covers all of her stomach and boots with high heels. Her friend had black hair with bright purple in it she had on leopard shorts and a short black top and combat boots. They both looked happy in the picture.

"Well I grew up with a girl named Katie. She was my mom's best friends' daughter so we were practically raised as sisters. It was Katie's 18th birthday and I took her to a screamo concert. That was the kind we listened to we were kind of rebels. I remember sneaking out of my moms house and meeting up with Katie when she snuck out of hers. we got in a car with our friends and went to the concert. I can't remember much of the concert because we were drinking pretty heavily. We all piled into a mans car because we were going to a party. We were all wasted and when we got there Katie started on some drugs. It went pretty downhill from there. Everybody was high and wasted and I was the only one who wasn't drugged up. We heard police sirens so we jumped in the car and a girl said she was sober enough to drive so we stupidly let her. I don't remember much from that night but I can see the lights flashing and then hear the crash. She had drove into oncoming drivers and couldn't stop fast enough. I woke up the next day in the hospital. I had suffered two broken ribs and one of them had punctured my lung. I went through some intense surgery when I got to the hospital. Well I found out by the doctor that only one of the other passengers of the vehicle had survived, but they wouldn't tell me who.

I was in that hospital alone for four weeks. My Mom hadn't once came into see me. I was alone and I still had no clue as to who had survived. I sat in that bed for four weeks just praying that it would be Katie. I was finally released and I went straight home. Katie lived next door to me so I would soon figure out. I walked into my house and my mother was not there so I went next door. My heart broke walking in because I instantly knew something was wrong. My mother was on the couch with Katie's parents. When they saw me they started screaming and yelling. I was defenseless. Turns out that one survivor wasn't Katie. She died on the way to the hospital. Nobody would listen to me. My mom kicked me out of the house. They blamed me for Katie's death and said I was dead to them and to never come back. I wondered for months just broken but one day Gigi found me and took me in and I decided to change how I was and I discovered my love of the animals. I had a new life. And that was four years tomorrow."

She finished and sobbed into my shoulder, we all sat there in silence for a long while and at some point the others left and I just laid on her bed and held Ainsley close. I can understand why she is the way she is now. She had a hard past and background. I do hope that she knows we would never leave her like that no matter what.