Blood of our Fathers part 2

Spencer POV

I was being led away by my dad , I'm actually surprised that my dad is one of the greatest Greek Heroes to have ever existed , I was also a lil disappointed to realize he's a bit of a douchebag ....

" How does it feel realizing your old mans the strongest God of them all ! Pretty cool huh I bet you are worshipping me right now mentally ?! " he said boastfully . I looked at him stunned , from the stories  that I read about my dad they said he was kind to all and humble because of how badly he suffered " I mean you aren't what I expected that's for sure ."

" oh that I am way more awesome than you thought I'd be my boy ?!" Having the snuggest of grins acrossed his face " No not really , I thought you'd be like the stories told kind and humble , you kinda remind of one of the kids that bullied me when I was younger , I mean you are a great hero but ....... you aren't like what mom told me you were like ." I had a deflated look on my face as I looked into my old mans eyes , my mom was a Gymnast when she was younger she's was very good at the sport too , she was beautiful too , my old man looked at me perplexed " Why do say that to your own father ? I helped bring you to this world and you are disappointed with the way I act ? "

" Well I love you because you're my dad and you helped bring me into the world but you weren't there  at all , you weren't at my football games or any of my rugby games , and don't get me wrong I'm not insulting you or anything and I realize most of my strength and athleticism comes from being your son and I'm eternally thankful that you met mom and brought me into this world but mom missed you so much when you weren't their , she'd tell me how she met you at one of her colleges Football games and how you'd take her on dates and were humble and kind to her , but now that I've met you ...... you sound full of yourself which is a quality I didn't think you'd have , I know how much Hera put you through too so I thought you'd be down to Earth and cool , what happened ? Mom would also look at me heartbroken but also somewhat happy she's tell me how I looked so much like you , and how I acted like you how I was kind to those weaker than me  , am I gonna be like that if I get stronger cause I'm afraid of that happening , I was on teams with people who were arrogant and only cared for themselves   And they brought us down because they'd think about themselves rather than the team ...."

My old man looked at me with sad electric blue eyes as if I found a chink in his armor he let out a defeated sigh and he put an arm on my shoulder "Spencer no mortal has ever told me something like that and gotten away with it , I understand why you'd be disappointed with me in the way I act , being immortal changes you , but what you've said was courageous too stand up to your own father who could kill you by flicking you , I guess that's the fatal flaw you've inherited from me , you will do great in Perseus's Troop , I have know doubt that you'll bring your brothers and friends up and be a great leader and a Fearsome Warrior , but what is a warrior without a weapon so I give you these two gifts !"

My dad then pulled out a finger less glove that had bronze on the knuckle like and infantry glove soldiers use , he gave it too me and said " put on the glove Spence ." I put on the glove and it climbed up my chest it covered my forearm in bronze , the shoulder piece had an image of a hydra head on it , the chest piece had  the scene of my dad fighting the Newman lion , it left my finger tips exposed but the rest of my had was covered in bronze , " that my son is the best weapon for you I know you like fighting with your fists and I remember I had Hephaestus combine a Celestial bronze Cestus with an piece of a gauntlet and a shoulder pauldron and half a chest piece to make this , I hope it serves you well , also here is your other gift."  He pulled out a black leather bracelet with a round figure of a lions head on it ."Tap the lions face ." I tapped the lion head and the bracelet sprang too a large round celestial bronze shield with the face of a roaring lion on it . " The Nemean Shield my most prized possession ." He smiled at me " are you sure you want me to have this pops ?"

" I am confident it's in the right hands , thank you son for not being angry at me after all this time , now I think you should go join Your Friend and lord Perseus , You have good friends Spencer but I want you too always remember this you're my only living son , Hera will not be kind to you but you are strong , stronger than any of my other sons have been , you will be the one that unites you brothers when they need it the most , you'll be the one that picks everyone he loves up when they need it most , you're the one that keeps his families together when they need it the most , I may not have been there physically but I have watched you everyday , I've seen the way you led your teams to victory in the sports you play I've seen the way you motivate your peers , you are gonna go far kid , but always remember A hero isn't defined by the strength of his muscles , but the strength of his heart ." He pulled me into a hug

I hoped I pointed my dad back in the direction to who he really is instead of the arrogant person has been . " I love you pops ."

__________________

I know I said I'd postpone the chapter but I was sitting in traffic with my friend for like an hour and a half so I said fuck fuck it I'll do it now , I'll try to get you guys another chapter by Saturday or earlier until then much love thanks for the votes - Rook