5

Maya P.O.V.

We all sat at the cafeteria table except for Teresa. They took her for another test or something like that I was worried Teresa said it was just another test and I shouldn't worry. Why was I worrying about her? I just met her like 2 days ago I guess she's just a really good friend like Catherine I care about Catherine. Janson came in with the same smirk as always he said a few names then he said.

Hanna

Not her I thought. She was a friend of mine in the glade she worked in the gardens whenever she would get mad over stupid things she would find someone to rant to usually it was me because we both ranted about being stuck in that hell hole. I got up from my seat walking over to where the line was ''Hanna'' I called out she turned ''Hey'' she said with a smile. I didn't know if this whole thing was accurate or not but I just said two words ''Goodbye Hanna'' I said ''Goodbye Maya hope you get chose soon maybe we can talk more'' Hanna said happily. Then a guard pushed me ''sit back down'' I rolled my eyes at the guard but I pushed him back.

I finally sat down then in the corner of my eye I could see Aris he was looking at me sadly and with concern. Aris was in my maze group he was one of my friends I guess my top friends in the glade were Sonya, Harriet, Pearl, Hanna, Aris, and Rachel. Julia used to be higher then them but she was under very under but I never wanted her to die. Aris must know something if he was looking at me sadly I walked over to his table ignoring the ''where are you going?'' question from Pearl and Catherine.

I sat down across from him. ''You know something tell me now'' I said with a serious tone in my voice he didn't answer. ''Aris tell me now I need to know'' I pleaded ''I know you don't like this place and you think there's something going on with it'' He whispered. ''Yeah don't you?'' I said he nodded ''Do you see him?'' Aris points over to a brown haired and brown eyed guy who suddenly gets up. I watch him as he tries to fit at the end of the line but stopped words were exchanged then there were pushing. ''What the hell was he thinking? Didn't he know they were not going to let him straight through'' I said watching as his friends came and backed him up.

They were soon thrown in their bunks. ''Ok so? He didn't get let through tell me what's going on'' I said. He didn't answer I kept questioning about what he had planned with this guy. Still didn't answer that's when I was tired of being nice I looked at the guards they were talking. I pushed Aris to the wall ''tell me now or else'' I said sternly ''We are going to see if people actually leave this place they bring in body each night like and the vents don't go into that room where they bring the bodies so we need the card to get through'' Aris said.

I was shocked I wasn't the only one. ''I'm coming with alright?'' I said he shook his head ''Aris even though we haven't talked that much since we came here I'm still your friend you've been for me when I needed you I know you need me come on please'' I pleaded. After a bunch of convincing he finally said yes I wanted to see what was behind that door so much. Lunch was soon over we returned back to our bunks.

As we went I already know that there would be questions from Pearl. ''Why were you talking to Aris?'' She asked ''because he's my friend and why does it matter'' I said. ''We think your being more distant and secretive from us lately'' Catherine said quietly. ''Well I'm not I just have other people to talk to about different things that's all'' I said trying my best to be calm. ''I'm going to take a nap because I'm so tired'' Pearl said as she yawned and laid down on the bottom bunk pulling the covers over her body.

I was very happy that Pearl was going to be asleep as I go see what's behind the door. My only problem is Catherine I don't think she'd care that much as Pearl would Pearl always believe the best things but also the worst things. She worries a lot it shows that she cares about you. As I sat on the bottom bunk where the vent was right underneath I heard 2 knocks.

Aris

Catherine and I were talking there's no way I'm going to try to sneak out without her noticing. ''So yeah that's how i became friends with Helen I still miss her she didn't deserve it'' Catherine said with some sadness in her voice. ''I'm sorry she died'' I said honestly meaning it. Then there was another knock ''what was that?'' She asked I was about to come up with a lie but I knew there was no way around this one. What was I going to say? I'm going in the vents to have some fun.

I sighed. ''I'm going in the vents with Aris and we are going to find out what's really going on with this place'' I said Catherine looked at me and started laughing. ''I'm not joking C'' I said with a serious look on my face ''Yeah she's not joking'' Aris said from the vents. ''There's nothing wrong with this place'' Catherine said while rolling her eyes ''you don't know that'' I said. ''And your probably being paranoid'' Catherine said crossing her arms ''Maybe but can I please go find out for sure?'' I said. ''Fine but please don't get in to much trouble if you get caught'' Catherine said as I went under the bed ''I'll be back as soon as I can just cover for me if they come in or whatever happens alright?'' I said she nodded.

I went into the vents following after Aris. ''So what is this guy's name?'' I asked ''Thomas'' he answered as he crawled through the vents as I did we stopped Aris opened the vent to I'm guessing where Thomas was. Aris and I poked our heads out from under the bed ''You got it?'' Aris asked ''yeah and who's she?'' Thomas questioned. ''My name is Maya and your Thomas nice to meet you'' I said ''how do you know my name?'' Thomas asked ''Aris told me about you'' I said.

He nodded. ''Are they coming with us'' I said gesturing towards the other guys ''No'' Thomas said. ''Hey I'm Minho'' The black haired guy said A blonde guy looked at him with ''are you serious'' look. ''Ok let's go I need to see the other side of that door there's something going on'' I said ''So your not the only one who's bloody paranoid'' The British blonde said. ''Nice accent I like it anyways I'd love to sit here and chat with you guys but we need to go now'' I said.

We crawled through the vents we finally stopped we opened the vent Thomas went down first. I jumped down after him landing on my feet ''you okay?'' Thomas asked I nodded. We all stood in front of the door we all wanted to see what was behind. Thomas put in the card we stepped in air blowing in our faces we looked in to the glass to see almost familiar like baby grievers. But that wasn't the most shocking thing we stepped farther to see bodies.