42 - Stay

"It said.." I began "I was his"

Silence threatened to settle, suffocating me until Danny spoke again
"I won't let that happen, I promise you"

I wanted to believe him, but I couldn't. This was out of his control, out of my control. We were young, teenagers, what power did we have against a witch and her demon?

Slowly, Danny pulled his head back from mine ever so slightly, his eyes meeting mine. His nose almost touched my own, and it was at that point I realised I had stopped breathing. He was close, so close.
In that moment, I threw every inch of sensibility I had out the window. I cared for Danny, in more ways than one, and I was almost certain that he felt the same way for me. All I could think about was touching him, being near him, close to him, kissing him. We had tried with all of our power to keep away from each other, and we continuously found our way back, earning more temptation that we had the last time. I couldn't deny him anymore, I couldn't fight myself, I couldn't fight the desires coursing through me.

His eyes were searching my face, landing on my lips, and before he had the opportunity to pull away, to remember why we couldn't, I leaned forward, my lips finding his. I was quick, but gentle, testing the water until he responded, kissing me back.
My dreams no longer mattered. The demon no longer mattered, not a single thing in the world mattered as our lips moved against each other, slowly becoming more curious.
I leaned towards him, my hands returning their tightened grip onto the front of his shirt, unwilling to let go.
Temptation had built up over the weeks I had known Danny, it had all mounted into one moment, this moment. Weeks of restraint had now exploded. I needed him, I wanted him, whether he was cursed or not, I didn't care.

Seconds passed, and we quickly became more urgent. His lips were warm against mine, his hands on the sides of my face. Bravely I pulled him closer, pushing for more, pushing boundaries despite having already broken so many.
If I was destined to die, I was not going to do so without first having shown Danny my affections for him, giving myself to him.

I had managed to pull him down with me, leaning myself back while he fell softly against me, but the minute my hands found the bare skin of his arms, he tore his face away from me.

The once silence air was now filled with the eruption of heavy breathing between us. His hands were braced beside my head, his legs holding his weight up beside my body.
When he contained his constricted lungs he shook his head "We can't.."

I bit into my bottom lip, closing my eyes. This was him pulling away, cutting it off before it had even begun. He was going to force himself away from me again, pretend he didn't care for me, know me, all in an attempt to 'save me'.
I dropped my arms from him and ran my hands over my face, groaning in frustration

"Emilia" He spoke my name, pulling my attention to him back

I looked up at him, expecting him to tell me how reckless we had been, how stupid our actions had been, but instead to my surprise, he was smiling, one side of his lips lifted "Just.. go easy" He told me with a small chuckle "At least until tomorrow night when we end this, and then we don't have to.. we don't have to hold back, okay?"

I didn't know how to respond. I opened my mouth to speak, but he cut me off with his lips on mine, slow and passionate before pulling back again, teasing.

His left hand lifted, his thumb moving over my lips "Stay"

I narrowed my eyes on him, confused

"Stay with me tonight" He added, leaning his face down toward me again, his lips touching mine at the slightest

Without hesitating for a second, I nodded "Okay"
He gave a small smile and moved himself beside me, lying on his back with his head tilted in my direction
I rolled onto my side, facing him, watching him with my hands tucked under my head