26. Walls

"Louis?!" Liam called, jumping up to the sound of the soft pitter pattering of his footsteps.

"Li, Hey," Louis said, wrapping his housemate into a friendly hug.

"I feel like I never see u anymore," Liam said, patting his back softly and pulling away.

"Well, I'm a busy man with places to go and people to see," Louis replied, shooting him a toothy grin.

"You look chipper. Were you hanging with Harry?" Liam asked, excitedly.

"I never kiss and tell," Lou replied, giggling.

"Oh my god. How was it?" Liam exclaimed, wagging an eyebrow.

"Good! We got dinner and then coffee and then went back to his place," Lou gushed. His blue eyes were gleaming and his cheeks were pink with blush. "We got cockblocked by Niall though. So we just cuddled after that. Speaking of Niall, we're doing a double date thing for Melissa's sorority party. Me and Harry. Niall and Melissa. Are you and zayn in?"

"Sure. Sounds fun. What's the theme?" Liam answered. "And wow, cockblockage. That sucks. But sounds like a cute date!"

"It was," Louis replied, wiggling his hips a bit. "And awesome! Glad to have you there. It's a couples costume party. Of all fucking things."

"Fuck," Liam laughed. "Zayn, honey! Can we be Cosmo and Wanda? I call Cosmo!"

"What?" zayn shouted from the kitchen.

"He heard me. That counts as dibs right?" Liam chuckled.

Louis rolled his eyes, grabbing a bottle of wine from the cabinet. His calorie count had been perfect. 250 for the salad, and 0 for the black coffee. He was on track to indulge in a night of booze.

"Drinking on a Tuesday?" Liam asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm just putting this in my room. I have to give it to a professor," Louis said quickly. It was a lie. But he didn't have time to fight with Liam about this right now. He was craving a drink, and just wanted to be alone.

"Alright. Well. We might watch Shameless later if you wanna join," Liam offered, still a bit wary of Louis' explanation. He noticed Lou had been drinking significantly more lately and he didn't know why.

"Sounds good," Louis said with a nod. Then he scurried off to his room, not even bothering to grab a glass. He just drank directly from the bottle.

~~~~~~<<~~~~~

Louis' Point of View:

Uh. How much did i drink? I wonder to myself. My vision is blurry and my limbs feel heavy and uncoordinated. I'm definitely drunk.

I grab for the bottle, and realize it's empty. Great. Placing it back down on the floor, I reach for my laptop. I usually just watch Tv or YouTube when I'm drunk, giggling at the videos until I fall asleep. Or if I'm horny, I'll go on tinder and bring a guy over. But right now, im in the mood to do neither of those things.

Well that's a lie. I do want a guy. But not Just Any Guy. I want harry. Maybe I should call him.... he likes me right? He calls me love and babe. We're a thing right? Kind of. He paid for my food. I don't know.

I think about calling him. But I don't really know what to say. I'm swimming in random thoughts right now. I'm not really sure how I feel — whether im nervous or relaxed. Maybe I should drink more. But my stomach is full and bloated with the wine and I don't want to ingest anymore.

I should have gone with vodka — you can get drunk off of way less liquid. Why am I so stupid?

Ugh. I feel gross now. Just sitting here with all that wine inside me. Maybe I should be working it off. 1600 is enough for maintenance, but I have that costume party, so maybe I should lose a few pounds. I want to look sexy for harry. Like a sexy shirtless lion or something. I don't know. He's so hot. I wish I could compare.