5. Roommates

Camille woke up the next morning to find herself on top of Harry, nuzzled tightly against his chest and covered in blankets. Cuddling him more closely, she began to take in his body, beautiful and blissful atop the makeshift bathtub bed. Sighing, she breathed in the soft scent of his cologne and grazed the hard muscle of his torso with her fingers. If she paid close attention, she could feel the rise and fall of his chest, the beating of his heart. And suddenly, lying there with Harry, everything felt so perfect. So peaceful. So serene.

Unfortunately, as Camille began to gain consciousnesses and the memories came flooding back, she realized that last night had been anything but serene. In fact, the whole night had been rather disgusting and chaotic on her end. Right now, she wasn't lying on Harry's chest because they had slept together; she was lying there because after several hours worth of vomiting and subsequently passing out on the bathroom floor, she woke up and crawled into the bathtub with Harry, collapsing onto his chest without even brushing her teeth. Harry, in turn, had hardly even stirred in response. In fact, he probably didn't even know she was sleeping with him right now

Face flushing red, Camille held her breath and tried to combat the panic that was now setting in. She began to contemplate whether she should stay put or try to get up without waking Harry. As badly as she craved his skin, she knew this was not the proper way to get his attention and that he would probably panic if he woke up to her sleeping on his chest.

Before Camille could come to a concrete decision, however, Harry's green eyes flew open and the two came face to face, Camille's arms still caressing Harry's pectoral muscles.

"I.... um... hi?" Harry stammered, jolting upward and nearly hitting his head on the bathtub wall. "Feeling better now are we?"

Camille watched in horror as Harry recoiled from her touch, swiftly sitting upright so that her hands could no longer grasp his chest. His face was twisted into a polite smile, but she could tell it was anything but genuine. And as hazy and distorted her memory of last night was, she could certainly remember him reacting to her touch in this very fashion multiple times throughout the party.

Rejection.

Nodding slowly, Camille sat up as well, climbing out of the bath tub and sitting on the closed lid of the toilet bowl. Her head was still foggy, but suddenly everything made sense: Harry wasn't interested in her. And she had to respect that... at least for now. 

"Yeah, better," she replied, her voice barely a whisper. "Thanks for staying the night. Sorry for... sleeping on top of you..."

Harry shook his head, climbing out of the tub and sitting on the edge. His messy bed head caused his hair to stick up a little in the back, and purple circles lined his emerald eyes, creating an oddly satisfying color contrast upon his face.

"That's good to hear," Harry replied, nodding a bit, as if in encouragement. "No worries. I wanted to make sure you were okay. And it's fine that you slept in the tub with me. I took your blankets after all."

Camille laughed quietly, but her face remained dark, emotionless. "That you did," she said with a shrug.

Harry nodded, and began to get up. "Well, really sorry, Camille, but I have to get going. My roommate's moving in this morning and I promised I'd help him," Harry lied. It wasn't entirely untruthful... his roommate really was moving in today, but not in the morning. If he was being honest, he really just needed to get out of this sour smelling bathroom and take a shower. 

"Of course. Thanks again," Camille said with a small smile. She followed him to the door, only to find Harry jumping back in horror at the puddle of vomit next to the entryway. It was going to be really difficult for her to come back from this.