Chapter 19 - You're Mine

Hana’s sleepiness had long diminished, but the uneasiness caused by her nightmare had yet to disappear. She had thought that bathing in the  hot spring which she’d found nearby would have helped to placate her unease, but images of her father’s men taking her still ran repeatedly through her mind. As she sat there in the water, she couldn’t help but become startled at every sound and every rustle that she heard. Hana felt that, at any moment, one of them would appear out of nowhere and suddenly attack her. Sulking, she crossed her arms over her chest and glared at the water.

Where in the world had Lord Sesshomaru gone off to?

Just as she had finished her thought, Hana’s ears picked up the sound of Sesshomaru’s barely audible footsteps. With her arms still folded over her chest (she’d finally learned to cover herself in time) she turned around and saw the dog demon walking towards her.

“So this is where you had run off to.”

She looked up at him, giving him a faint smile.

“We’re leaving here soon.” He turned away from her, about to leave in order to give her some privacy.

“Lord Sesshomaru, wait.”

Sesshomaru stopped, turning around slightly. Hana then paused for a brief moment, questioning what she was about to ask of Sesshomaru.

“Please……stay.”

He turned back to look at her. For a second, it had appeared as if Sesshomaru wore a questioning look on his face. She blushed, frowning a bit. The images from her nightmare still swirled about menacingly in her head.

“It’s silly, I know, but I…”

He looked down at Hana in the water with an understanding look on his face.

____________________________________________________________

Sesshomaru had never really noticed before, but Hana had indeed matured greatly over a short period of time, not only in the way that she acted and carried herself, but physically also. Her long white hair that once reached the middle of her back was now even longer and hung past where her tail should have been. Her figure had become slightly curvier. She also no longer became as flustered as she had used to whenever she was around him – this was obvious as she was now sitting naked in the water in front of him. He thought nothing of it at the moment. He supposed, though, that was partly due to the state that she was in – still somewhat shaken up from her seemingly realistic dream. She was afraid of being left all alone – or so she had told him. 

It wasn’t until moments later that Sesshomaru realized that maybe - just maybe - Hana hadn’t really grown that much after all ( in the physical aspect, at least). Maybe it was his finally admitting to himself that he loved Hana that had led to him seeing her that way – seeing her as slightly attractive.

He had heard her scream and he hadn’t even hesitated in jumping to her aid, and when she’d rested her head on him, obviously traumatized, he had instinctively placed a comforting hand on the back of her head. The part of him that always wanted to protect Hana had caused him to quickly rush to her side without question. Similarly, this feeling of wanting to protect the girl was probably what had led to his feelings of “jealousy” when he’d heard that she had gone to fix things with the, now deceased, wolf yokai. A part of him had felt that, after Hana’s confessing to love him greatly, she was to be his and his only.

Never before had Sesshomaru ever believed that he would have been having such thoughts for a female. When he had kissed her, he had managed to convince himself for a while that he had only done it because he did not enjoy seeing Hana so full of uncertainty, but lately he had found that he could no longer deny that there had been more to it. Could it be that when he had kissed Hana, he had felt something, and now a part of him wanted more?