Chapter Six: Training the Angel

Christine's Point of View:

"One, two, three. One two three," Madame Giry called out "That's right dears, keep going."

As I danced I thought of how happy I was to be living in the Opera Populaire. I had a new friend, Meg, and my angel was teaching me to sing and sang for me every night in my dreams. Madame Giry treated me like another daughter. I found that I love to dance ballet. We were putting on a new production of Il Muto. There is a specific ballet to perform and it was difficult to remember the steps. We had do the dance with live sheep and move them around the stage the whole time. The transitions for each scene were going awfully and the maestro was not happy. I explained all this to my Angel who listened to all my problems.

"This Opera house has always been sloppy." He said.

"But it is the most famous Opera house in Europe!" 

"That may be, but I still think it's sloppy" He explained, "You are probably the most talented thing I've seen around here in quite some time"

"Really?"

"Yes, dear one. Now. Warmups."

"Do re mi fa so fa mi re do," he sang, "ready...go"

"Do re mi fa so fa mi re do" I repeated.

"Now go higher" he pushed. I sang higher, and repeated it three times more going higher each time."

"Good."

*                                     *                                                 *                                                         *

"Madame Giry, do you know I am being taught to sing?" I asked.

"No, my dear. Who is your teacher?"

"I don't know his name but he is my Angel of Music. My father said that when he passed away he would send the Angel of Music to me, and he did"

"Where does he teach you, child?"

"In the west wing room. The room where I light the candle for my father."

"Oh, dear child. You wait here. I have to find someone."

What could she mean? My angel will not hurt me! Perhaps she thinks I'm crazy and is going to find a doctor to take me away. I can't be taken away! I need to have my angel teach me! I must have my angel teach me.

 "Madame Giry, wait!" I called after her. but it was too late.

Madame Giry had gone.

---------

Okayyyyy. Il Muto is not mine. It is most likely andrew lloyd webbers. I dont own phantom. Make sure to comment. Thanks.