Chapter Five: Erik and Christine

Erik's Point of View:

I now was a teenage boy, busy being the angel of music to a 7 year old Christine Daae. I was twice her age, and my only friend now was a mother. I had heard her sing to herself and used her fanstasy of the Angel of Music to show her I wasn't evil. She needs to have her voice heard. With some training, by the time she's my age she will be extraordinary. Right now I have her doing simple warmups and simple songs they use to warm up in the opera house.

"Louder, Christine" I warned.

"I'm trying Angel" she whispered

"Try harder, Christine. Think of your father."

With that statement her voice reached the strength I desired.

"Good." 

"Thank you, Angel" she sighed.

"Child, don't be sad. You are a fine singer." I assured her.

"I don't seem to be meeting your expectations..." she said.

"Does the student do all the work on the first day of school, Christine?"

"No."

"Then I don't expect you to be perfect right now. Just try."

"Yes, I will." she sighed again.

"No, go now. Madame Giry will be looking for you."

She hurried off to Madame Giry and I took my place in box 5. I watched ballet rehearsals and observed little Christine who was suprisingly good at ballet for a seven year old. All the new ballerinas twirled and jumped it was-for lack of a better word- cute. I'm not the person to gush over small things like puppies or children, though watching my little Angel made it worthwhile.

She will be important to me someday I thought.

Hmm, the new Prima Donna perhaps? 

------------

Sorry this chapter was short. Still don't own phantom. Enjoy