Chapter 17: The Arrogance Of A Shinobi

✩Little Brothers Are Sacred✩

Hikari watched as Naruto placed a finger on the healing salve that Hinata had gave him earlier. With one drag, the cut on his arm was gone.

"This medicine works so well." Naruto commented with a smile. 

He capped the jar before shoving it in Sakura's direction causing her to move backwards a bit.

"Here. Do you want to use it, too, Sakura-chan?" Naruto asked. 

Hikari rolled her eyes, even if he didn't have the healing salve those cuts on his arms would have healed rapidly. Giving it to Sakura won't help her because she's not the same as him.

The tall blonde turned slightly to the mention student's teacher who was giving Naruto the same look that she was. She wasn't the only one that recognized that fact. 

"I will now announce the next match." Hayate said as soon as Kiba was carried away.

Everyone turned their attention towards the screen as names began scrambling and mixing up. 

There's only a limited number of shinobi left, Hikari noted, and most of them seem to be on the strong side.

The names unscrambled landing on a choice that seemed disastrous:

Hyuuga Hinata vs Hyuuga Neji

Hikari sighed and closed her eyes. Although she was out of the village during the time when Hyuuga Hizashi was murdered in place of Hyuuga Hiashi, his twin brother, she had heard the story through a letter sent to Jiraiya about the whole situation.

She knew the differences between the head and the branch Family and she knew judging by the way Neji presented himself that he has some raw harsh feelings about the head family. 

She turned briefly towards Neji who looked fierce and determined as both shinobi entered the arena and stood facing each other.

"Hinata-sama." Neji greeted coldly.

"Neji-niisan…" Hinata said softly.

"Niisan?" Sakura asked.

"What? Those two are siblings?" Naruto called out.

Hikari pushed him slightly, gaining his attention as she shook her head softly, "Naruto you're too loud. They're not siblings, they're cousins."

"And how do you know that?" Kakashi questioned looking at her with interest.

Hikari shrugged carelessly, "I'm in the loop about most of the things in this village."

"Eh cousins? Kakashi-sensei, can you explain?" Naruto asked still looking confused.

"They come from Konoha's oldest noble family, the Hyuuga Clan. But they aren't siblings like Hikari said." Kakashi explained.

"So why did she call him niisan?" Sakura asked.

"They're related in that they come from Hyuuga's head family and branch family." Kakashi said.

"Head family and branch family?" Naruto questioned.

Hikari sighed, "The Hyuuga's are different than most clans. They believe that the branch family must serve and protect the Head Family. Hinata's apart of the head family while Neji's apart of the branch."

Naruto looked confused still, as Lee tried re-explaining.

"Yes, Hinata-san is from the Hyuuga head family. In other words, the founders. And Neji is from the branch family which carries the same bloodline."